ERA Participant Comments
"Definitely attend ERA! It was the most amazing experience for me and I would give anything for it to last longer than it did."
"It was an awesome experience. The peer coaches are incredible, and the staff are really nice and incredible people who provide an excellent college experience."
"ERA was one of the best decisions I've made in my life, it really helped with the transition."
"This is the best way to prepare yourself for the upcoming year and I would attend again in a heartbeat."
"The instruction, activities, and interactions all increased my knowledge in a fun environment. My calculus prep skills have been fully refreshed and new skills were learned as well."
Take full advantage of your first year in the College of Engineering through the Engineering Readiness Academy (ERA).
August 17 - 22, 2024
ERA refreshes students on concepts needed for college-level Calculus through hands-on activities – all week before classes start!
Students who benefit the most from ERA tend to have taken math through pre-Calculus but could improve with a refresh on Algebra and Trigonometry concepts before beginning Calculus in college.
- Receive credit for ENGR 10 so you don't have to take it in the fall (depending on your major, programs, etc.)
- Connect with other incoming engineering students before classes start
- Move into your permanent residence hall early
- Re-start your brain in preparation for your fall math class
- Get advice from current engineering students about academic, personal, and professional success in college
- Build a relationship with College of Engineering faculty and staff who can continue to support you into the year
Eligibility and Requirements
To apply and participate, you must:
- Be an incoming 2024 first-year freshman admitted to the UNL College of Engineering on Scott Campus in Omaha
- Have completed freshman orientation and be enrolled for Fall classes by ERA start date
- To ensure a successful program experience for all, complete and active engagement in all program activities is expected
|If you submit your application for:
|You should submit your application by:
|You will receive email notification of your application status by:
You will be informed of your acceptance to the program soon after submission of your application, as spots are limited to 30.
The total cost of ERA is $200 and should be paid no later than July 19.* This fee goes toward your housing (those moving on campus will have their early move-in fees covered), meals, and all activities throughout the week, and the College of Engineering pays the remaining costs of your participation. Those accepted to the Academy will be contacted via email with payment and required paperwork instructions.
*There will be no refunds after July 19.
If you are interested in attending ERA, but may need financial support, please contact Alma Ramirez-Rodgers via email or call her at 402-554-3618.
If you require accommodations, please work directly with UNO's Accessibility Services Center (ASC). This will ensure that we can fulfill all accommodations appropriately.