ERA Participant Comments
"Definitely attend ERA! It was the most amazing experience for me and I would give anything for it to last longer than it did."
"It was an awesome experience. The peer coaches are incredible, and the staff are really nice and incredible people who provide an excellent college experience."
"ERA was one of the best decisions I've made in my life, it really helped with the transition."
"This is the best way to prepare yourself for the upcoming year and I would attend again in a heartbeat."
“It was great and a huge help prepping for math and getting a taste of dorm life because I will live at home.”
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
The Engineering Readiness Academy (ERA) is a one-week residential bridge program designed to provide a head start for incoming, first-time freshman students in our engineering and construction management programs.
ERA has many goals, but the primary goal is to prepare you early for academic, personal and career success in the College of Engineering.
Who is ERA for?
The Engineering Readiness Academy refreshes students through hands-on activities using concepts needed for college-level Calculus. Students who benefit the most from ERA tend to have taken math through Pre-Calculus but could improve with a refresh on Algebra and Trigonometry concepts before beginning Calculus.
- Receive credit for ENGR 100 Freshman Seminar
- Re-start your brain in preparation for your fall math class
- Connect with other incoming engineering students before classes start
- Build a relationship with faculty and staff who can continue to support you into the year
- Get advice from current students about academic, personal, and professional success in college
- A unique experience and introduction to the life of an engineering student
Eligibility and Requirements
To participate, you must:
- Be an incoming 2021 first-year freshman admitted to the UNL College of Engineering (Scott Campus in Omaha)
- Have completed freshman orientation and be enrolled for Fall 2021 classes by July 23, 2021
- Live in provided campus housing during ERA
- Be willing to fully participate in all program activities
- Not work during the summer program
All students will live in Scott Hall and receive a full meal plan for the duration of the program. ERA move-out will be the morning of Aug. 15.
ERA students planning to live on campus (except those living at Scott Hall and JPII Newman Center) should plan to schedule their move in date for Sunday, Aug. 15 or later. Students with a move-in date of Aug. 15 will be allowed to stay in their ERA accommodations until their scheduled move-in time.
Students living at Scott Hall, Dodge Campus, or JPII Newman Center should contact the following before July 23 if wishing to move in earlier than their scheduled move-in dates (an additional fee per night may apply). Move in for JPII Newman Center is August 18, Dodge Campus housing is August 19-21, and Scott Hall move in day is scheduled for August 21:
- Scott Hall: email@example.com / (402) 778-6541
- Maverick Village and University Village: firstname.lastname@example.org / (402)554-6605
- JPII Newman Center: email@example.com / (402) 557-5575
- June 5 - Early application deadline
- July 9 - Final application deadline
To be considered for the Academy, you must apply no later than July 9. You will be informed if you are accepted into the program soon after submission of your application, as spots are limited (30 maximum).
Those accepted to the Academy will be contacted via email with payment instructions and required to pay the following program fee:
- $200 - Applied by June 5
- $250 - Applied after June 5
The fee covers housing, meals, and all activities throughout the week. Those accepted will also be asked to submit ERA required paperwork.
The deadline for receipt of the Academy fee and paperwork is July 16 (no refunds after this date).
If you are interested in attending ERA, but may need financial support, please contact Alma Ramirez-Rodgers via email or call her at 402-554-3618.
If you require accommodations, please work directly with UNO's Accessibility Services Center (ASC). This will ensure that we can fulfill all accommodations appropriately.