Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
2019 Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
The College of Engineering Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award is presented annually to a graduate student in the College of Engineering in recognition of special effectiveness in teaching undergraduates in a variety of settings. Awards will be made on the basis of a) demonstrated excellence in the classroom, laboratory, or studio; b) description of innovative or creative teaching techniques, technologies, and methods; and/or c) interest in professional development as a teacher as evidenced by publications related to teaching, attendance at teaching conferences or research conferences with teaching tracks, attendance at local workshops or teaching enhancement activities on campus sponsored by the Office of Graduate Studies or the nominee’s individual department. A selection committee composed of College faculty makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to all current graduate teaching assistants in the UNL College of Engineering, who have had significant teaching responsibilities for at least two semesters since August 2017.
- An individual must be nominated by a faculty member affiliated with the College of Engineering.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents preferably in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- Previous recipients of this award are not eligible.
- The recipient of this award will receive a certificate and $500 award, and be honored at the annual College-wide Graduate Student Recognition Event, scheduled for Wednesday, May 1st at 3 PM in Nebraska Unions, Regency Suites.
- The DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form is Monday, March 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.