Kiewit Scholars - How to Apply
How to Apply
The Kiewit Scholars program at Nebraska serves students pursuing a degree in the College of Engineering who have a keen interest in leadership development. This cohort-based program accepts 10 students every year. Students with an interest in working in the building and construction industry are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Showcase previous leadership experiences
- Demonstrate a solid academic foundation
- Exhibit curiosity and a growth mindset
- Express genuine interest in developing others
- Illustrate their interest in engineering
Where to Apply
- Step 1: Complete UNL's Application for Admission in MyRed
- Step 2: Complete the Kiewit Scholar Application in MyRed by November 15
- Find the application under the Admissions tab, under Undergraduate, and find the scholarship listed called "UNL Kiewit Scholarship"
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
September 29 at 6 PM CST
Virtual Application Workshop (https://go.unl.edu/ksappworkshop22)
Students Invited to Interview
Interviews with Selected Candidates
Scholarship and Alternate Offers Made
Student Commitment Deadline
If Selected To Interview
Students selected to interview will be notified via email by Scholar Program staff. All students selected to interview will be expected to attend an in-person interview on campus. Scholar Program staff will work with students who demonstrate financial need and may need additional support to get to campus to interview.
All students invited to interview will receive notification of an optional virtual info session prior to their interview date, to learn more about what to expect in the interview process.