Laboratory for Advanced Manufacturing Processes and Sensing (LAMPS)
The goal of the LAMPS is to undestand complex processes by studying the data acquired from in situ sensors. The intent is to:
- Detect - recognize that there is a problem;
- Demarcate - identify the specific problem;
- Diagnose - understand the underlying physical cause of the problem; and
- Deter - prevent the onset of process anomalies/failures.
In pursuit of this goal, the objectives of the research are as follows:
- Objective 1: Observe process phenomena and quantify interactions, typically, using statistical design of experiments. This objective links process phenomena to process outcomes.
- Objective 2: Design in situ sensor arrays to acquire in-process data.
- Objective 3: Devise novel mathematical approaches to connect the process phenomena with sensor data patterns.