City Campus (Lincoln) Engineering Readiness Academy
|City Campus (Lincoln) Engineering Readiness Academy Details|
August 9, 2018 to August 15, 2018
What is the Engineering Readiness Academy?
The Engineering Readiness Academy (ERA) is a first-year bridge program that provides support to prepare our incoming engineering and construction management students for academic, personal, and career success in the College of Engineering. ERA on City Campus (Lincoln) is comprised of two components: a one-week academic residential program the week before classes start, and an on-campus living cluster that provides support and community throughout your first year.
What will the Engineering Readiness Academy offer you?
The program will support you in successfully completing your first year of an engineering education by providing you with the following:
- Supplemental math instruction emphasizing future Calculus I success
- Strategies and planning for academic success
- Participation in a community service project
- Interaction with faculty/staff, current students and alumni
- Connections with Peer Coaches who are current students ready to give advice and guidance from their own experiences
- An opportunity to meet other new College of Engineering students and establish a living experience early on – living with other ERA students on campus for your first year provides added support and a built-in study group
- A unique experience and early introduction to the life of an engineering student, as well as year-long staff and community support
Eligibility and Requirements
To participate, you must:
- be an incoming 2018 first-year student admitted to the UNL College of Engineering (City Campus in Lincoln)
- have completed freshman orientation and be registered for Fall 2018 classes by July 20, 2018
- live on campus in University housing for the 2018-2019 academic year
- live on campus during program dates (including weekends)
- complete your Housing Contract for the 2018-2019 academic year by May 1
- be willing to fully participate in all program activities
- not work during the summer program
- be placed into MATH 106 (Calculus I) or have taken Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus or Calculus in high school
All ERA students will live on the same floors in Sandoz Hall with other ERA participants as roommates throughout their first year. Students will move into their permanent room for the 2018-2019 in Sandoz Hall for the year on August 9 and begin acclimating to college life. Living in Sandoz Hall is a requirement of participating in ERA, as the shared living experience is what will provide you a year-round benefit from this program.
Please refer to the Housing Contract Policies for more information, questions, or concerns about your housing contract.
All student meals for August 9 - 15 are included in the program cost.
- May 1st by 5 p.m.
Spots are limited for the Engineering Readiness Academy.
Those accepted to ERA will be required to pay the $200 program fee by July 13. There will be no refunds after July 13.
Upon receiving confirmation of acceptance, you will be able to pay via credit card or check. We will contact you with payment instructions if you are accepted. If you have been accepted into the Lincoln Engineering Readiness Academy please click here for payment.
If you are interested in attending the Academy, but may need financial support, please contact Jayde McWilliams, email@example.com.