City Campus (Lincoln) Engineering Readiness Academy
|City Campus (Lincoln) Engineering Readiness Academy Details|
August 9, 2018 to August 15, 2018
What is the Engineering Readiness Academy?
The Engineering Readiness Academy (ERA) is a one-week academic residential program designed to provide a head start for our incoming engineering and construction management students. ERA has many goals, but the primary goal is to prepare you early for academic, personal and career success in the College of Engineering.
What will the Engineering Readiness Academy offer you?
The program will support you in successfully completing your first year of an engineering education by providing you with the following:
- Supplemental math instruction emphasizing future Calculus I success
- Strategies and planning for academic success
- Participation in a community service project
- Interaction with faculty/staff, current students and alumni
- An opportunity to meet other new College of Engineering students
- A unique experience and introduction to the life of an engineering student
Eligibility and Requirements
To participate, you must:
- be an incoming 2018 first-year student admitted to the UNL College of Engineering (Lincoln Campus)
- have completed freshman orientation and be registered for Fall 2018 classes by July 20, 2018
- live on campus in University housing for the 2018-2019 academic year
- live on campus for a week during the summer (including weekends)
- be willing to fully participate in all program activities
- not work during the summer program
- be placed into MATH 106 (Calculus I) or have taken Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus or Calculus in high school
All students will move into their permanent University-assigned residence hall for the year on August 9 and begin acclimating to college life. This will be your room for the 2018-2019 academic year. All student meals are included in the program cost.
- June 1 at 5 p.m. - early application deadline
Those accepted to the Academy will be required to pay the following fee:
- Applied before or on June 1 (5 p.m.) - $200 program fee
- Applied on or after June 1 (after 5 p.m.) - $250 program fee
Upon receiving confirmation of acceptance, you will be able to pay via credit card or check. We will contact you with payment instructions if you are accepted. If you have been accepted into the Lincoln Engineering Readiness Academy please click here for payment.
The deadline for receipt of the Academy fee is July 13 (no refunds after this date). If you are interested in attending the Academy, but may need financial support, please contact Jayde McWilliams, firstname.lastname@example.org.