Mad Man Research
The research in our group focuses on three levels: New Materials and Physics, Device Fabrication (especially MEMS/NEMS hybrid devices), and System Level Engineering Implementation for Applications.
- Develop novel platforms for the synthesis, imaging, characterization, and application of low-dimensional nanomaterials, with emphasis on graphene-like two-dimensional materials and their van der Waals hetrostructures.
- Study nanomechanics and other fundamental physics of these materials.
- Look for new top-down micro/nano device fabrication approach for the integration of nanomaterials, especially with micro/nanoelectromechanical systems (MEMS/NEMS).
- Develop unique sensor arrays based on mechanically coupled nanomaterials, and deployment of such sensors into large scale monitoring systems.
Recent research projects:
- Graphene Electrostatic Loudspeaker
- Graphene Electrostatic Wideband Microphone and Ultrasonic Radio
- Integrated Low Power Fast Response MEMS Gas Sensor
- In-situ Mechancis of 2D Materials and the Tuning of their Properties