Mechanical & Materials Engineering News
September 02, 2015
- <span>UNL engineers found that surface defects on crystals used in photodetectors can be used to more precisely tailor the location and width of wavelength bands by adjusting the chemical composition of the crystals.</span>
August 04, 2015
- Shane Farritor, Lederer Professor of Engineering, will address the graduates at the summer all-university commencement ceremony on Aug. 15 at Pinnacle Bank Arena.
July 24, 2015
- Research that led to a design for a power harvesting system that could make remote railroad crossings safer has led to a group of UNL engineers receiving an award from the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
July 21, 2015
- A study by UNL engineers shows the same quality that keeps foods from sticking to a pan or water to a raincoat can also boost the performance of solar cells.
July 16, 2015
- Jung Yul Lim, associate professor of mechanical and materials engineering, was recently awarded the AO Foundation’s 2015 Berton Rahn Research Fund Prize Award for his research into bone regeneration.
July 09, 2015
- UNL engineers have designed an adhesive mechanism that could allow ingestible cameras and biosensors to hang around the digestive system for unprecedented lengths of time.
July 06, 2015
- Linxia Gu, associate professor of mechanical and materials engineering, and a team of UNL engineers have found that blast waves from concussive explosions may put far greater strain on the brain than previously thought.
May 29, 2015
- UNL professor's development of small surgical robots evokes the 1960s movie "Fantastic Voyage," but provides a glimpse of the future of surgery.
May 12, 2015
- The research of Florin Bobaru, professor of mechanical and materials engineering, on modeling corrosion damage has generated international news attention recently.
May 01, 2015
- From Formula SAE racing to other student design competitions, Nebraska Engineering students have succeeded in gaining national and international recognition. Here’s a look at some of the recent successes for UNL teams and events coming up: