In the news:
Current research interests of Dr. Gu are centered around the interface mechanics using measurement-calibrated computational approach, including fluid-structure interaction, hierarchical tissue -medical implant interface, as well as nano/micro fiber/fiber and fiber/cell interface.
For more information, please visit http://www.unl.edu/biomelab/
- Hua, Y., and Gu, L.X., 2013. Prediction of the thermal-mechanical behavior of particle-reinforced metal matrix composites, Composites Part B: Engineering. DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesb.2012.09.056
- Zhao, S., Gu, L.X., and Froemming, S.R., 2012. On the importance of modeling stent procedure for predicting arterial mechanics, ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 134, 121005 (6 pages). DOI: 10.1115/1.4023094.
- Zhao S., Gu L.X., and Froemming, S.R., 2012. Effects of Arterial Strain and Stress in the Prediction of Restenosis Risk: Computer modeling of stent trials. Biomedical Engineering Letters, 2(3), 158-163. DOI: 10.1007/s13534-012-0067-6
- Zhao S., Gu, L.X., and Froemming, S.R., 2012. Performance of Self-expanding Nitinol Stent in a Curved Artery: Impact of stent length and deployment orientation. ASME Journal of Biomechanical Engineering.134, 071007 (6 pages) DOI: 10.1115/1.4007095
- Hua, Y., Gu, L.X., and Trogdon M.(Undergraduate), 2012. Three Dimensional Modeling of Carbon/Epoxy to Titanium Single-lap Joints with Variable Adhesive Recess Length. International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives (IJAA), 38, 25-30. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2012.06.003
- Gu, L.X., Chafi, M.S., Ganpule S., and Chandra, N., 2012. The Influence of Heterogeneous Meninges on the Brain Mechanics under Primary Blast Loading. Composites Part B: Engineering, 43(8), 3160-3166. DOI:
- Zhao S., Liu, C., and Gu, L.X., 2012. The Impact of Wire Stent Fabrication Technique on the Performance of Stent Placement. ASME Journal of Medical Devices 6(1), 011007 (4 pages) DOI: 10.1115/1.4005788