Lincoln: City Campus
Personal Links:• Unit Operations Laboratory
• Engineering to Change the World Learning Community
• Engineering Student Advisory Board
• Nebraska MEP Process Control Essentials Short Course
• Nebraska MEP Process Safety Bootcamp
• Engineering Readiness Academy
• Digital Commons
Professional Memberships:• Nebraska Ethanol Board Technical Advisor
- Ph.D. Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2013
- M.S. Environmental Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2008
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2007
Engineering Student Advisory Board (eSAB)
Engineering to Change the World Learning Community
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Production of biofuels and biochemicals
- Use of constructivist teaching, inductive teaching, active learning, and cooperative learning applied to engineering coursework
- Development of unit operations laboratory experiments
- Barger T, Flodman H. Customizing brine reduces winter maintenance cost, environmental impact. Roads & Bridges, September 2015. http://www.roadsbridges.com/customizing-brine
- Flodman HR, Noureddini H. Effects of intermittent mechanical mixing on solid-state fermentation of wet corn distillers grain with Trichoderma reesei. Biochemical Engineering Journal 81 (2013) 24-28.
- Flodman HR, Timm DC. Batch Distillation Employing Cyclic Stripping and Rectification Operations. ISA Transactions 51 (2012) 454-460.
- Navrkal TW, Flodman HR, Timm DC. A Water-Water Preheater and a Steam-Water Heater Network: Temperature Dynamics. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 55 (2012) 166-178.
- Flodman HR, Boyer EJ, Muthukumarappan A, Noureddini H. Extraction of Soluble Fiber from Distillers’ Grain. Applied Biochemistry Biotechnology 166 (2012) 1070-1081.
- Flodman HR, Dvorak BI. Brine Reuse in Ion Exchange Water Softening: Salt Discharge, Hardness Leakage, and Capacity Tradeoffs. Water Environment Research 84 (2012) 535-543.