Bruce Dvorak Ph.D., P.E.Professor
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- M.S., Environmental Health Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1987
- 25% Extension
- 75% Teaching/Research/Service for Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Physical-chemical treatment processes (adsorption processes)
- Pollution prevention/environmental sustainability
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Scholar Fellowship, Czech Fulbright Commission, 2010
- Samuel Arnold Greeley Award, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2009
- Environmental Education Award, Lincoln and Lancaster County Environmental Awards, 2009
- Hollings Teaching/Advising/Mentoring Award, UNL College of Engineering, 2009
- Recognition Award for Contributions to Students, UNL Parents Association, 2008
- Olsson Associates Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, UNL Dept. of Civil Engineering, 2007, 2003, 1999
- Hollings Master Teacher Award, UNL, 2005
- Interdisciplinary Research Award, UNL College of Engineering, 1999
Chokejaroenrat, C., Comfort, S., Chainarong, S., and Dvorak, B. (2014) Improving the Treatment of Non-Aqueous Phase TCE in Low Permeable Zones with Permanganate, Journal of Hazardous Materials, In Press.
Kekilova, A; Dvorak, B.I., and Williams, R. (2014) Motivations of Program Partners for Environmental Sustainability and Benefit Persistence Reoccurrence, Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education, accepted.
Yuell, H.; Dvorak, B.; Gurian, P., and Lytle, D. (2013) Information to Small Systems: Information Dissemination Survey of Engineers and Regulators. Journal of the American Water Works Association, 105(1) 51-59.
Stewart, BA; New, CW; Hosni, A, and Dvorak, BI (2013) A Framework for Evaluating Sorbent Usage Rate of Various Sorption Column Configurations with and without Bypass Blending, Journal of Environmental Engineering, 139(4) 554-563.
Flodman, H.R., and Dvorak, B.I. (2012) Optimizing Direct Brine Reuse in Ion Exchange Water Softening: Tradeoffs Between Salt Use and Discharge, Hardness Leakage, and Treatment Capacity, Water Environment Research, 84(6):535-543.
Li, Z., Dvorak, B., and Li, X. (2012) Removing 17Î²-Estradiol from Drinking Water in a Biologically Active Carbon (BAC) Reactor. Water Research, 46(9) 2828-2836.
Dvorak, BI, Stewart, BA, Hosni, A, Hawkey, SA, and Nelsen, V (2011) Intensive Environmental Sustainability Education: Long-Term Impacts on Workplace Behavior, Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education, 137 (2) 113-120.