Bruce Dvorak , Ph.D., P.E.Professor
• WINSSS: A National Center for Innovative Small Drinking Water Systems (Dvorak is an Associate Director)
• American Water Works Association (Dvorak serves on the Board of Directors)
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- M.S., Environmental Health Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1987
- 25% Extension
- 75% Teaching/Research/Service for Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Physical-chemical treatment processes (adsorption processes)
- Pollution prevention/environmental sustainability
Honors and Awards
- George Warren Fuller Award (distinguished service to the water supply field), American Water Works Association, 2013
- Fulbright Scholar Fellowship, Czech Fulbright Commission, 2010
- Samuel Arnold Greeley Award, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2009
- Environmental Education Award, Lincoln and Lancaster County Environmental Awards, 2009
- Hollings Teaching/Advising/Mentoring Award, UNL College of Engineering, 2009
- Recognition Award for Contributions to Students, UNL Parents Association, 2008
- Olsson Associates Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, UNL Dept. of Civil Engineering, 2007, 2003, 1999
- Hollings Master Teacher Award, UNL, 2005
- Interdisciplinary Research Award, UNL College of Engineering, 1999
Dr. Dvorak has current grants from the US Department of Energy, US Environmental Protection Agency, Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality, Nebraska Energy Office, and the City of Lincoln.
. Kuppig, V. ; Cook, Y.; Carter, D.; Larson, N.; Williams, R.; and Dvorak, B. (2016) “Implementation of sustainability improvements at the facility level: motivations and barriers,” Under review by Journal of Cleaner Production, 139 (1529-1538) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.08.167.
. Ziari, R.; Li, S.; Dvorak, B.; and Subbiah, J. (2016) “Water and Energy use of microbial interventions in a beef packing plant,” Accepted for publication by Applied Engineering in Agriculture.
. Bausk, A.; and Dvorak, B.I. (2016) “Selecting the Column Configuration with Lowest Media Replacement Cost for Small Adsorption Systems,” Water Research, 3(93) 38-47. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2016.01.015
. Fisher, J.R. ; Dvorak, B.I., and Admiraal, D.M. (2015) “Pollutant Load Estimates using Regression Models with In-Stream Measurements,” Journal of Environmental Engineering, dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EE.1943-7870.0001049, 04015081.
. Chokejaroenrat, C., Comfort, S., Chainarong, S., and Dvorak, B. (2014) Improving the Treatment of Non-Aqueous Phase TCE in Low Permeable Zones with Permanganate, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 268 (March 15, 2014), 177–184; doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2014.01.007
. Kekilova, A., Dvorak, B., and Williams, R. (2014). "Motivations of Program Partners for Environmental Sustainability and Persistence of Benefits." J. Prof. Issues Eng. Educ. Pract., 10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000222.
. Yuell, H.; Dvorak, B.; Gurian, P., and Lytle, D. (2013) Information to Small Systems: Information Dissemination Survey of Engineers and Regulators. Journal of the American Water Works Association, 105(1) 51-59.
. Stewart, BA; New, CW; Hosni, A, and Dvorak, BI (2013) A Framework for Evaluating Sorbent Usage Rate of Various Sorption Column Configurations with and without Bypass Blending, Journal of Environmental Engineering, 139(4) 554-563, http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EE.1943-7870.0000620.