Chris Tuan , PhD, PE, SE, F.ASCEProfessor
• Digital Commons
- Ph.D. Structures, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1983
- M.S. Mechanics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1980
- M.S. Structures, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1979
- B.S. Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1977
- Finite Element Modeling
- Specialized Concrete
- Structural Dynamics
- Weapons Effects
- Blast-resistant Design
Honors and Awards
- 2014-2017 - Visiting Professor, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
- 2013 - UNL Civil Engineering Faculty Recognition Award
- 2011 - Honorary Fellow, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Gladstone, Australia
- 2009 - ASCE Fellow
- 2009 - Best Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Cold Regions Engineering (2006-2008)
- 2008 - Research & Creativity Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2007 - Distinguished Visiting Professor, Hunan University, Changsha, Hunan, China
- 2004 - Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter
- 2004 - Multi-disciplinary Research Award, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2003 - Award of Excellence, American Concrete Institute – Nebraska Chapter
- 1995 - Who's Who in Science and Engineering
Tuan, C.Y., and Dass, W.C., "Expedient airfield runway repair using folded fiberglass mat." International Journal of Pavement Engineering, December 20, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2014.993188
Tuan, C.Y., "Equipment Fragility due to Shock Response." Journal of Testing and Evaluation, ASTM, August 23, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1520/JTE20130018
Tuan, C. Y. "Ground Shock Resistance of Mechanically Stabilized Earth Walls." International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, July 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000342
Deng, Y., and Tuan, C.Y. "Design for Concrete-filled Circular Steel Tubes under Lateral Impact," ACI Structural Journal, 110(4), July-August 2013, pp.691-702.
Geringer, J.R., Tuan, C.Y., and Lindsey, P.D. "Assessment of Software for Blast Loading and Structural Response Analysis Using a Lightweight Steel-Joist Roof as a Test Case," Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, ASCE, Vol. 27, No. 2, April 2013, pp.144–154. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0000299
Krause, A.P., Nguyen, L., Tuan, C.Y., and Blasey, J.D. Conductive Concrete: A Shielding Construction Material, Journal of Radiation Effects, Engineering and Research, 31(1), February 2013, pp.151-158.
Gerbino-Bevins, B.M., Tuan, C.Y., and Mattison, M. Evaluation of Ice Melting Capacities of Deicing Chemicals, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 40(6), American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM), November 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1520/JTE104460
Tuan, C.Y. Drop Weight Testing on Sandwich Panels with a Novel Thermoplastic Core Material, Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials, 14(3), May 2012, pp.325-338. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1099636212444748
Deng, Y., Tuan, C.Y., and Xiao, Y. Behavior of Concrete-filled Circular Steel Tubes under High-strain Rate Impact Loading, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 138(3), March 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000464.
Deng, Y., Norton, T.R., and Tuan, C.Y. Numerical Analysis of the Structural Strength of Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes, Structures and Buildings, 164(1), February 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/stbu.11.00001
An, J., Tuan, C.Y., Cheeseman, B.A., and Gazonas, G.A. Simulation of Soil Behavior under Blast Loading,”International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, 11(4), July/August 2011, pp.323-334. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000086
Sarmah, R.D., and Tuan, C.Y. Three-Dimensional Security Barrier Impact Response Modeling, International Journal of Nonlinear Science, 11(2), April 2011, pp.236-245.
Deng, Y., Tuan, C.Y., Zhou, Q., and Xiao, Y. Flexural Strength Analysis of Non-post-tensioned and Post-tensioned Concrete-Filled Circular Steel Tubes, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 67(2), February 2011, pp.192-202.
Tuan, A.Y., Tuan, C.Y., and Li, Q.S., "Buckling Analysis of a Cable-stayed Circular Frame," Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 66(3), March 2010, pp. 420-427.
Amorn, W., Tuan, C.Y., and Tadros, M.K., "Curved, Precast, Pretensioned Concrete I-Girder Bridges," PCI Journal, November-December 2008, pp.48-66.
Tuan, C.Y., "Flexural Behavior of Post-tensioned and Non-post-tensioned Concrete-filled Steel Tubes," Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 134, No. 6, June 2008, pp.1057-1060.