- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1994
- M.A.Sc., Environmental Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1985
- B.A.Sc., Civil Engineering, Wuhan Polytechnic University, Wuhan, China, 1982
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Alternative energy/low carbon technologies
- Nanotechnology and its environmental applications
- Non-point source pollution control technologies
Nov 09, 2016: Civil engineering professors visit Afghanistan
Apr 08, 2016: Civil engineering team's paper wins ASCE Hering Medal
Nov 23, 2015: Two engineering faculty chosen as AAAS fellows
Honors and Awards
- 2016 Excellent in Environ. Eng. & Sci.TM Award: University Research Grand Prize, American Academy of Environmental Engineers & Scientists (AAEES), 02/18/2016
- The 2016 Rudolph Hering Medal for the most valuable contribution to the advancement of the environmental branch of engineering (ASCE), 02/09/2016
- Promoted to Fellow of American Association for the Advancement of Sci. (F. AAAS)
- Certified Board Certified Environmental Engineer (BCEE)10/21/2015
- Academician of European Academy of Science and Arts (A. EASA), 03/08/2013
- Fellow of American Society of Civil Engineers (F. ASCE), 02/19/2013
- Diplomate of Water Resources Engineer (D. WRE), 08/03/2012
- Faculty Teaching Excellence Award (Olsson Associates), CE Dept., UNL, 2002
- UNL College of Engineering Research Award, 1999
- The 1995 Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, AEESP
- Qi, Y., and Zhang, T.C. (2016). Transport of manure-borne testosterone in soils affected by artificial rainfall events. Water Research, 92, http://dxdoi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2016.01.052.
- Qi, Y., and Zhang, T.C. (2016). Sorption of testosterone on partially-dispersed soil particles of different size fraction: methodology and implications. Water Research, 92(2016), http://dxdoi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2016.01.036.
- Ren, Y.Z., Gong, Q.L., Zhang, T.C., Kang, J.X., and Liu, D.Q. (2015). Wavy subsurface- and vertical-flow constructed wetlands: Effects of aeration and wastewater composition on their clogging. J. Environmental Engineering, 141(9), 04015018.
- Hu, M., Zhang, T.C., Zhou, J., Chen, H., Stansbury, J., Shi, J., and Neal, J. (2015). Internal/external membrane fouling in MBRs and modeling. J. Environmental Engineering, 141(6), 04014097.
- Gosu, V., Gurjar, B.R., Surampalli, R.Y., and Zhang, T.C. (2014). Fe0/GAC-mediated advanced catalytic per-oxidation for pharmaceutical wastewater treatment. J. Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2(2014). 1996-2004.
- Chen, C., Huang, X., Lei, C., Zhang, T.C., and Wu, W. （2013). Effect of organic matter strength on anammox for modified greenhouse turtle breeding wastewater treatment. Bioresource Technology, 148, 172-179.
- Guo, H., Ren, Y., Sun, X., Xu, Y., Li, X., Zhang, T.C., Kang, J., and Liu, D. (2013). Removal of Pb2+ from aqueous solutions by a high-efficiency resin. Applied Surface Science, 283, 660-667.