Yusong LiAssociate Professor - Graduate Chair Civil Engineering
- Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
- M.A.Sc., Tsinghua University
- B.A.Sc., Tsinghua University
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Fate and transport of contaminants
- Environmental implication of nanotechnology
- Ground water remediation
- Numerical simulation at pore and continuum scales
Honors and Awards
- Maher and Lorees Tadros Faculty Recognition Award, 2016
- College of Engineering Faculty Service Award, 2015
- Henry Y. Kleinkauf Family Distinguished New Faculty Teaching Award, 2012
- Olsson Associates Faculty Teaching Excellence Award, 2010
- National Research Council Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2009
- Kananizadeh, N.; Chokejaroenrat, C.; Li, Y; Comfort, S. (2015), Modeling improved ISCO treatment of low permeable zones via viscosity modification: Assessment of system variables. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology. 173: 25-37
- Lee, J.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.; Li, Y. (2015) Effect of 17β-estradiol on Stability and Mobility of TiO2 Rutile Nanoparticles. Science of The Total Environment. 511: 195-202 .
- Zhang, L.; Truex, M.J.; Kananizadeh, N.; Li, Y.; Lea, A.S.; Yan, X. (2015) Delivery of Vegetable Oil Suspensions in a Shear Thining Fluid for Enhanced Bioremediation. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology.
- Son, J.; Vavra,J.; Li, Y.; Seymour, M.; Forbes, V.(2014) Interactions between suspension characteristics and physicochemical properties of silver and copper oxide nanoparticles: a case study for optimizing nanoparticle stock suspensions using a central composite design. Chemosphere. 124:136-142.
- Bai, C. Eskridge, K.M. and Li, Y(2013), Analysis of the Fate and Transport of nC60 Nanoparticles in the Subsurface using Response Surface Methodology, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology .
- Seymour, M., Chen, G., Su, C., and Li, Y (2013), Influence of particle shape on nanoparticle retention and release in saturated porous media. Environ. Sci. Technol (accepted)
- May, R. and Li, Y. (2013)The effects of particle size on the deposition of fluorescent nanoparticles in porous media: Direct observation using laser scanning cytometry. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 418, pg. 84-91
- May, R., Akbariyeh, S., and Li, Y. (2012) Pore-Scale Investigation of Nanoparticle Transport in Saturated Porous Media Using Laser Scanning Cytometry. Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI:10.1021/es301749s.
- Wang, Y., Li, Y., Costanza, J., Abriola, L., Pennell, K*. (2012)Enhanced Mobility of Fullerene (C60) Nanoparticles in the Presence of Stabilizing Agents. Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI:10.1021/es302541g
- Bai, C. and Y. Li, (2012) Modeling the transport and retention of nC60 nanoparticles in the subsurface under different release scenarios. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 136-137: p. 43-55.
- Seymour, M. B.; Su, C.; Gao, Y.; Lu, Y.; Li, Y. (2012) Characterization of Carbon Nano-Onions for Heavy Metal Ion Remediation. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, DOI:10.1007/s11051-012-1087-y