Tadeusz A. WysockiProfessor
- M.Eng.Sc degree with the highest distinction in telecommunications, Academy of Technology and Agriculture, Bydgoszcz, Poland, 1981
- Ph.D. degree, summa cum laude, from the Warsaw University of Technology, 1984
- D.Sc. degree (Habilitation) in telecommunications engineering from the Warsaw University of Technology, 1990
- Molecular communications
- Indoor propagation of microwaves
- Signal processing for communication systems
- Modeling biological processes at nano-scale
About Tadeusz A. Wysocki
from the Academy of Technology and Agriculture, Bydgoszcz, Poland, in 1981. From then till the end of
1991, he was with the Academy of Technology and Agriculture. In 1984, after three years of research in
the area of modulation theory, he received his Ph.D. degree, summa cum laude, from the Warsaw
University of Technology.
He then continued research into combined modulation and coding and in 1990, he was awarded the D.Sc. degree (Habilitation) in telecommunications engineering from the Warsaw University of Technology. In January 1992, he moved to Perth, Western Australia to work at Edith Cowan University – Joondalup Campus where he was invited to join a group to bid for funding to establish a Cooperative Research Centre for Broadband Telecommunications and Networking. In 1993, he was a visiting senior research fellow at FernUniversität in Hagen, Germany, within the framework of an Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship. The research involved working on coded modulations and problems related to mobile telephony.
On his return to Perth in 1994, he was appointed Project Leader, Wireless ATM LANs, at the CRC for Broadband Telecommunications and Networking, and the manager of the CRC-BTN node at Edith Cowan University. After a restructure of the CRC in 1997, he was given the position of Program Leader, Wireless Systems, maintaining his leadership in the Wireless ATM LAN project. In December 1998, he joined the University of Wollongong as an associate professor, and in August 1999 he assumed a position of Research Coordinator for the Switched Networks Research Centre within the Telecommunications & Information Technology Research Institute (TITR).
In 2003, he established the Wireless Research Group in TITR, which he directed until the end of 2007, when he moved to take up a Professorship of Computer and Electronics Engineering at Peter Kiewit Institute at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln. Dr Wysocki is the author or co-author of seven books, over 230 research publications and nine patents.
His main areas of research interest are: molecular communications, indoor propagation of microwaves, signal processing for communication systems, modeling biological processes at nano-scale. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, a member of the Australian Association of von Humboldt Fellows, and an associate editor of Computers and Electrical Engineering Journal. He also served as an associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques.
Since 2011, Dr. Wysocki has been a member of the UNL Senate Executive Committee. In 2013, he was awarded a "Professor of Poland" title conferred by the President of Poland, Bronisław Komorowski on October 30, 2013.
Positions and Employment:
1985 – 1989 Senior Lecturer, Academy of Technology and Agriculture, Bydgoszcz, Poland
1990 – 1991 Associate Professor, Academy of Technology and Agriculture, Bydgoszcz, Poland
1992 – 1997
50%, Lecturer (B) - Edith Cowan University,
50% Program Leader, CRC – BTN, Perth, Western Australia
1993 Visiting Senior Research Fellow at FernUniversität of Hagen, Germany
1997 – 1998
Senior Lecturer - 50%, Curtin University of Technology,
Program Leader – Wireless Systems - 50%, Perth, Western Australia
1998 – 2007 Associate Professor, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
2007 - Full Professor of Computer and Electronics Engineering, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
Other Experience and Professional Memberships:
- 1994 - Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 1998 - Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 2009 - Elected University Senate member for the Department of Computer and
- 2009 - Electronics Engineering, University of Nebraska - Lincoln (UNL)
- 2009 - Chair of IEEE Communications Society Nebraska Chapter
- 2010 - 2011 - Chair of IEEE Computers Society Nebraska Chapter
- 2011 - Member of the UNL Senate Executive Committee
Honors and Awards
- 1989 National Education Ministry Award for Excellence in Research, Poland
- 1993 Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, Germany
- 2013 Professor of Poland
- T. M. Martin, B. J. Wysocki, J. P. Beyersdorf, T. A. Wysocki, A. K. Pannier, “Integrating Mitosis, Toxicity, and
Transgene Expression in a Telecommunications Packet-Switched Network Model of Lipoplex-Mediated Gene
Delivery” – Biotechnology and Bioengineering – accepted for publication (January 2014).
- Tran, L.C.; Mertins, A.; Wysocki, T.A., "Unitary Differential Space-Time-Frequency Codes for MB-OFDM UWB
Wireless Communications," Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on , vol.12, no.2, pp.862,876, February
- L.C.Tran, T.A.Wysocki, A.Mertins, J.Seberry and S.Spence-Adams, “Novel Constructions of Improved Square
Complex Orthogonal Designs for Eight Transmit Antennas,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, Vol. 55, No:10, pp
4439 – 4448, Oct. 2009.
- S. Spence Adams, N. Karst, M.K. Murugan, and T. A. Wysocki, “On Transceiver Signal Linearization and the
Decoding Delay of Maximum Rate Complex Orthogonal Space-Time Block Codes”, IEEE Transactions on Information
Theory, vol. 57, No. 6, June 2011, pp. 3618-3621.
- J. Seberry, Ken Finlayson, S.S. Adams, T. Wysocki, T.Xia and B.Wysocki: “The Theory of Orthogonal Designs over
the Quaternion Domain”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol.56, No 1, January 2008, pp.256-265.
- S.Vafi, and T.A. Wysocki: “Weight distribution of turbo codes with convolutional interleavers,” IET Proceedings on
Communications, Vol.1, Issue 1, February 2007, pp.71-78.
- J.Seberry, B.J.Wysocki, and T.A.Wysocki: “On some applications of Hadamard matrices”, Metrika, vol. 62, pp.221-
- M.Abolhasan, T.Wysocki, E.Dutkiewicz: “A Review of Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Elsevier ADHOC
Networks Journal, No 2 (2004), pp.1-22.
- L.C.Tran, T.A.Wysocki, A.Mertins, and J.Seberry: “Complex Orthogonal Space-Time Processing in Wireless
Communications,” Springer Verlag, New York, 2006.
- K.Popovski, B.J. Wysocki, and T.A.Wysocki, “Modelling and Comparative Performance Analysis of a Time Reversed
UWB System,” EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Special Issue on "Space-Time
Channel Modeling for Wireless Communications”, Volume 2007, Article ID 71610, 11 pages.
- L.C.Tran, T.A.Wysocki, A.Mertins, and J.Seberry: “A Generalized Algorithm for the Generation of Correlated Rayleigh
Fading Envelopes in Wireless Channels”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 5, pp. 801-
Conferences Organized by Dr. Tadeusz A Wysocki
- ICSPCS'2013: 16 -18 December 2013
- ICSPCS'2012: 14 -16 December 2012
- ICSPCS'2011: 12 -14 December 2011
- ICSPCS'2010: 13 -15 December 2010
- ICSPCS'2009: 28 - 30 September 2009
- ICSPCS'2008: 15-17 December 2008
- ICSPCS'2007: 17-19 December 2007
- WITSP'2006: 11-13 December 2006
- DSPCS'05 and WITSP'05: 19-21 December 2005
- WITSP'04: 20-22 December 2004
- 7th International Symposium on DSP for Communication Systems and
- 2nd Workshop on the Internet, Telecommunications and Signal
- Processing: 8-11 December 2003
Workshop on the Internet, Telecommunications and Signal
Processing: 9-11 December 2002
6th International Symposium on DSP for Communication
Systems: 28-31 January 2002