Welcome to the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE), where creativity, ingenuity, innovation, inclusiveness and a strong work ethic combine to transform lives - within and outside of the college. Applying for admission is the first step in starting your graduate career at Nebraska.
Submit the below items to the UNL Office of Graduate Studies
- For a list of program deadlines and application requirements, please review all Department requirements and deadlines before beginning your application.
- Complete Graduate Application for Admission Apply Now
- Pay $50 non-refundable application fee
- Upload transcript(s) (to CollegeNET) from previous institutions confirming eligibility
- If non-native English speaker: verification of English proficiency requirements
- Once the Office of Graduate Studies receives your application, fee, and uploaded transcripts, they’ll review your file and contact you if any additional information is needed. You can monitor your application status via CollegeNet.
- When the preliminary review is complete, Graduate Studies will notify your designated academic department of your eligibility for admission.
- Once all materials are received, allow 3-5 business days for this step.
- Each engineering department has a Graduate Admissions Committee to decide whether an applicant will be accepted into their program.
- Your application will be reviewed only after you have submitted all required degree-specific application materials. Please submit all materials before the department’s stated deadline.
- Once the departments notify Graduate Studies of their admission recommendations, Graduate Studies conducts a final review of the applicant file. This final review is checking to ensure applicants meet all eligibility requirements, English proficiency, and funding requirements.
- If additional materials are needed, Graduate Studies will notify you by email.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, and you expect to hold an F or J visa, Graduate Studies will ask you to submit the Financial Resource Certification (FRC) form with documentation. The FRC is not needed if your department offers you an assistantship sufficient to cover those expenses.
- If you are admitted, Graduate Studies will notify you by email.
- Graduate Studies will mail your Certificate of Admission along with other important information.
- International applicants will be asked to complete the Visa Data Form to verify information from the Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. Graduate Studies will express mail the Certificate of Admission, I-20 or DS-2019, and information for new students.
- You will be eligible to enroll for the entry term shown on the Certificate of Admission. If you are an international student, you’ll become eligible when you check in on campus.
- Consult your faculty advisor and enroll in courses using MyRED.
- Reminder to submit all final official transcripts from previous institutions.
- Admission may be rescinded if discrepancies exist between unofficial and official documents.