B.S. Degree in Agricultural Engineering Icon Research projects in the Department of Biological Systems Engineering are available to undergraduate and graduate students. Projects can be interdepartmental and interdisciplinary, and are supervised by a faculty advisor.

Undergraduate Research
  • Students can work on an hourly basis with a faculty member on research projects. Funding is provided by the faculty research project.
  • UCARE (Undergraduate Creative Activities and Research Experiences) is where students work on an hourly basis and are funded through undergraduate research grants provided by the College of Engineering and Agricultural Research Division. These may be obtained on a competitive basis by students themselves.
  • Students can also obtain first-hand experience of graduate school and faculty life through the Summer Research Program at UNL.
Graduate Research

Read more about research projects students are involved with currently or in the past. More information on student research is also available from the College of Engineering.
  • Funded through the department and faculty research grants. All graduate students accepted into the department must have a research project and an advisor.