Jennifer Keshwani, Ph.D.
• American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASME)
• Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Ph.D., Oral Biology and Engineering, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- M.S., Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- B.S., Biological Systems Engineering (emphasis in Biomedical Engineering), University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 20% Teaching
- 80% Extension
- Engineering properties of biological materials
- Science literacy
- Agricultural literacy
- Biomedical engineering youth programs
- Nonformal STEM education and outreach
- 2016 Junior Faculty Holling Family Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2015 UNL Parents Association Recognition Award
- Yao X, Carleton SM, Kettle AD, Phillips CL, Melander JR, and Wang Y. Gender-dependence of bone structure and properties in adult osteogensis imperfecta murine model. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 2013. 41(6); 1139-1149.
Walker MP, Alderman N, Petri C, Melander J, and McGuire J. Correlation of impression removal force with elastomeric impression material rigidity and hardness. J Prosthodont 2013. 22(5); 362-366.
- Dusevich VM, Melander JR, and Eick JD. (2013). SEM in dental research. In Heide Schatten (Ed.), Scanning Electron Microscopy for the Life Sciences (pp 211-235). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
Eick JD, Barragan-Adjemian C, Rosser J, Melander JR, Dusevich V, Weiler RA, Miller BD, Kilway KV, Dallas MR, Bi L, Nalvarte EL, and Bonewald LF. Silorane resin supports proliferation, differentiation and mineralization of MLO-A5 bone cells in vitro and bone formation in vivo. J Biomedical Materials Research Part B. 2012. 100B; 850-861.
- Melander JR, Weiler RA, Miller BD, Schuman T, Kilway KV, Day DE, Velez M, and Eick JD. Estimation of properties of a photoinitiated silorane-based composite with potential for orthopaedic applications. J Biomedical Materials Research Part B. 2012. 100B(1); 163-169.