Yufeng Ge, Ph.D.
• American Society of Agronomy
• Crop Science Society of America
• Soil Science Society of America
- Ph.D., Biological & Agricultural Engineering, Texas A&M University
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing Forestry University, China
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing Forestry University, China
- 75% Research
- 25% Teaching
- Sensor-based plant phenotyping
- Optoelectronic sensor development in agriculture
- VIS/NIR/MIR Spectroscopy
- Agricultural remote sensing and image analysis
- Precision agriculture and spatial statistics
- Measurement and control in agriculture
- Proximal and remote sensing/Spectroscopy
- Optoelectronic sensor design
- 2016 Early Career Award by Association of Overseas Chinese Agricultural, Biological, and Food Engineers
- 2011 Young Engineer of the Year award by ASABE Texas Section
- 2009 ASABE Superior Paper Award by ASABE
- 2008 Distinguished Scholarly Achievement Award in Doctoral Research by the Association of Former Students and the Office of Graduate Studies at Texas A&M University
Refereed Journal Articles in Past 4 Years (Total 43)
Yao, Y., Ge, Y., Thomasson, J.A., Sui, R., 2018. Algae optical density sensor for pond monitoring and production process control. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering 11(1), 212-217.
Liang, Z., Pandey, P., Stoerger, V., Xu, Y., Qiu, Y., Ge, Y., Schnable, J.C., 2018. Conventional and hyperspectral time-series imaging of maize lines widely used in field trials. GigaScience 7(2), 1-11.
Bai, G., Blecha, S., Ge, Y., Walia, H., Phansak, P., 2017. Characterizing wheat response to water limitation using multispectral and thermal imaging. Transactions of the ASABE 60, 1457-1466.
Pandey, P., Ge, Y., Stoerger, V., Schnable, J.C., 2017. High throughput in vivo analysis of plant leaf chemical properties using hyperspectral imaging. Frontiers in Plant Science 8.
Ackerson, J.P., Morgan, C.L.S., Ge, Y., 2017. Penetrometer-mounted VisNIR spectroscopy: Application of EPO-PLS to in situ VisNIR spectra. Geoderma 286, 131-138.
Bai, G., Ge, Y., Hussain, W., Baenziger, P.S., Graef, G., 2016. A multi-sensor system for high throughput field phenotyping in soybean and wheat breeding. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 128, 181-192.
Ge, Y., Bai, G., Stoerger, V., Schnable, J.C., 2016. Temporal dynamics of maize plant growth, water use, and leaf water content using automated high throughput RGB and hyperspectral imaging. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture 127, 625-632.
Bagnall, G.C., Thomasson, J.A., Ge, Y., 2016. Animal-drawn conservation-tillage planter designed for small farms in developing world. Applied Engineering in Agriculture 32(6), 791-799.
- Ge, Y., and Thomasson, J.A. 2016. NIR reflectance and MIR attenuated total reflectance spectroscopy for characterizing algal biomass composition. Transactions of the ASABE 59(2): 435-442.
Cribben, C.D., Thomasson, J.A., Ge, Y., Morgan, C.L.S., Yang, C., Isakeit, T., and Nichols, R.L. 2016. Site-specific relationships between cotton root rot and soil properties. Journal of Cotton Science 20, 67-75.
Wijewardane, N.K., Ge, Y., and Morgan, C.L.S. 2016. Moisture insensitive prediction of soil properties from VNIR reflectance spectra based on external parameter orthogonalization. Geoderma 267(1): 92-101.
Wijewardane, N.K., Ge, Y., Wills, S., Loecke, T., 2016. Prediction of soil carbon in Conterminous US: VisNIR analysis of Rapid Carbon Assessment Project. Soil Science Society of America Journal 80(4), 973-982.
- Wijewardane, N.K., Ge, Y., Morgan, C.L.S., 2016. Prediction of soil organic and inorganic carbon at different moisture contents with dry ground VNIR: A comparative study of different approaches. European Journal of Soil Science 67(5), 605-615.
Ge, Y., C.L.S. Morgan, and J. Ackerson. 2014. VisNIR spectra of dried ground soil predict properties of soils scanned moist and intact. Geoderma. Accepted.
Ge, Y., J.A. Thomasson, and C.L.S. Morgan. 2014. Mid infrared attenuated total reflectance spectroscopy for soil particle size and carbon determination. Geoderma 213:57-63.