Professor - Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D., 1992 Northwestern University, IL
- M.S., 1989 Northwestern University, IL
- B.S., 1987 Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- CAD of VLSI systems
- Analog VLSI Design Automation
- Focal Plane Arrays for Image Processing
- Architectural Modeling and Circuit Design of DSP and Image Processing Systems
- High Performance Circuit Simulation Techniques
About Sina Balkir
Dr. Balkir worked as a software consultant on the development and implementation of CAD tools for special purpose parallel architecture computers at Comtek Consultants Group Inc., Evanston, IL, from 1991-92; as an assistant and associate professor of electrical engineering at Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, from 1992-1998; and as a visiting professor of electrical engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln from 1998 to 1999. Currently, he is a professor of electrical engineering at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- G. Alpaydin, S. Balkir, and G. Dundar, "An Evolutionary Approach to Automatic Synthesis of High Performance Analog Integrated Circuits'', IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, accepted.
- G. Alpaydin, G. Dundar, S. Balkir "Evolution Based Design of Neural Fuzzy Networks Using Self-Adapting Genetic Parameters,'' IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 211-221, April 2002.
- A. S. Ogrenci, G. Dundar, S. Balkir, "Fault Tolerant Training of Neural Networks in the Presence of MOS Transistor Mismatches," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems - II, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 272-281, March 2001.
- W. D. Leon, S. Balkir, M. Hoffman, L. C. Perez, "Fully Programmable, Scalable Chaos Based PN Sequence Generation," IEE Electronics Letters, Vol. 36, No. 16, pp. 1371-1372, August 2000.
- G. Hafiz, G. Erten, S. Balkir, G. Dundar, "Multi-level Optimization Approach to Switched-Capacitor Filter Synthesis," IEE Proceedings - Circuits, Devices, and Systems, Vol. 147, No. 4, pp. 243-249, August 2000.
- E. Yazicioglu, S. Balkir, G. Dundar, and H. Caglar, "Implementation of a New Orthogonal Shuffled Block Transform for Image Coding Applications," Journal of Real Time Imaging, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 39-46, February 2000.
- I. Bayraktaroglu, A. S. Ogrenci, G. Dundar, S. Balkir, and E. Alpaydin, "ANNSyS: an Analog Neural Network Synthesis System", Neural Networks, Vol. 12, pp. 325-338, 1999.
- O. Cerid, S. Balkir and G. Dündar, "A Novel CMOS Reference Current Generator", International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 78, No.6, pp. 1113-1118, June 1995.
- S. Balkir, M. Yanilmaz, "Numerical Integration Using Bezier Splines," IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 737 - 745, June 1994.