Sohrab AsgarpoorAssociate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Professor
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University, 1986
- M.S.E.E., Texas A&M University, 1981
- B.S.E.E., Texas A&M University, 1978
- Advanced computer applications in planning, design, and operation of electric power systems including distributed generation
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of power systems under uncertainty
- Impact of maintenance and equipment aging on system reliability
- Survivability and vulnerability assessment of energy infrastructure
- Monitoring, diagnostics, and control of electric power systems
- ELEC 121 - Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- ELEC 211 - Elements of Electrical Engineering I
- ELEC 215 - Electronics and Circuits I
- ELEC 216 - Electronics and Circuits II
- ELEC 304 - Signals and Systems
- ELEC 305 - Probability Theory and Introduction to Random Processes
- ELEC 406/806 - Power Systems Analysis
- ELEC 407/807 - Power Systems Planning
- ELEC 410/810 - Multivariate Random Processes
- ELEC 438/838 - Introduction to Electric Power Engineering
- ELEC 454/854 - Power Systems Operation and Control
- ELEC 498/898 - Special Topics in Electrical Engineering IV
- ELEC 957 - Advanced Computer Methods in Power Systems Analysis
- ELEC 996 - Topics in Electrical Engineering
About Sohrab Asgarpoor
Dr. Asgarpoor is professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering. In July 2017, he accepted the position of interim associate dean for undergraduate programs in the College of Engineering and was named associate dean in August 2018.
From 1985 to 1986, he worked as a lecturer in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Texas A&M University. In 1986, he joined ABB Network Management Technology Inc., Houston, Texas (formerly Ferranti International Controls Corp.) as a senior engineer, where he designed and developed advanced power system applications software for energy management systems. Since September 1989, he has been with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. His research involves mathematical modeling, simulation, optimization, and reliability evaluation of electric power and energy systems including Distributed Generation (DG) toward the goal of improved decision making under uncertainty.
- Optimum Maintenance Strategies for Maximizing the Availability of Wind Farms
- Modeling and Simulation of the Effects of Distributed Generation Dynamics on Distribution Systems
- Modeling and Simulation of Distributed Generation with Dynamic Load Conditions
- Reliability Modeling and Maintenance Optimization of Aging Substations
- Power System Studies Using Advanced Computer Software
- Expected Cost Penalty Due to Deviation from the Economic Dispatch for Interconnected Power Systems
- S. Kahrobaee, R. Rajabzadeh, L.-K. Soh, and S. Asgarpoor, “A Multigent Modeling and Investigation of Smart Homes with Power Generation, Storage, and Trading Features,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 4, no.2, pp. 659- 668, Jun. 2013.
S. Kahrobaee, S. Asgarpoor, W. Qiao, “Optimum Sizing of Distributed Generation and Storage Capacity in Smart Households,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1791-1801, Dec. 2013.
Haifeng Ge and S. Asgarpoor, “Reliability and Maintainability Improvement of Substations with Aging Infrastructure,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2012, pp. 1868-1876.
S. Kahrobaee, R. A. Rajabzadeh, L. K. Soh, and S. Asgarpoor, “A multiagent Modeling and Investigation of Smart Homes with Power generation, Storage, and Trading features, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. PP, No. 99, 2012.
Haifeng Ge and S. Asgarpoor, “Parallel Monte-Carlo Simulation for Reliability and Cost Evaluation of Equipment and Systems,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 81, No. 2, February 2011, pp. 347-356.
Haifeng Ge, S. Asgarpoor, and J. Hou, “Aging equipment Maintainability Assessment for Management of Critical Utility Assets,” 2011 IEEE PES General Meeting, Detroit MI, July, 2011, 7 pages.
H. Ge and S. Asgarpoor, “Reliability Evaluation of Equipment and Substations with Fuzzy Markov Processes,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 25, No. 3, August 2010, pp. 1319-1328.