Wei (Warren) Bao, Ph.D.
If you are interested in a graduate student research assistant position, please send me a one-page proposal on what topics you plan to work on. For students who feel that they are not living up to their full potential in their current research groups, you are also encouraged to send me an email. Working in our group, you will find a friendly and productive environment, and we strive to do science at our best.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S. in Physics and minor in Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing
Laser physics, quantum optics.
Metamaterials, optical microscopy and Biophotonics.
Alex Weber-Bargioni, Stefano Cabrini, Wei Bao, Mauro Melli, Eli Yablonovitch, and Peter James Schuck, “Probes for multidimensional nanospectroscopic imaging and methods of fabrication thereof”, U.S. Patent No. 8984661 B2
- ECEN 498-006 Nano-optics
Dorothy M. and Earl S. Hoffman Scholarships, American Vacuum Society 2015
AVS Nanometer Scale Science and Technology Division Student Award 2015
Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad 2015
Ross N. Tucker Memorial Award, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society 2015
MRS Graduate Student Gold Award, Materials Research Society 2013
R&D 100 Award, R&D Magazine 2013
Chancellor's Undergraduate Research Award, Peking University 2009
1. Wei Bao†, M. Melli†, et. al. “Mapping Local Charge Recombination Heterogeneity by Multidimensional Nanospectroscopic Imaging”, Science, 338, 1317, (2012)
3. Xiaoze Liu†, Wei Bao†, et. al, “Control of coherently coupled exciton-polaritons in monolayer tungsten disulphide” Phys. Rev. Lett. 119 (2), 027403 (2017)
4. Rongkuo Zhao†, Lin Li†, Sui Yang†, Wei Bao†, et. al, “Stable Casimir Equilibria and Quantum Trapping”, Science, 364, 984, (2019)
5. Wei Bao†, Xiaoze Liu†, Fei Xue†, et. al, “Observation of Rydberg exciton polaritons and their condensate in a perovskite cavity”, PNAS. 116 (41), 20274, (2019)