Laboratory: ERC D009A
Professional Memberships:• Optica (Optical Society of America)
• American Physical Society
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Houston
- B.S. in Physics, Nankai University
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Quantum Materials, Two-Dimensional Materials, Wide-Bandgap Materials
- Integrated Photonics & Phononics
- Nano-/Microelectromechanical Systems (NEMS/MEMS)
- Photophysics and Optical Spectroscopy
- Jiming Bao, Feng Lin, Zhuan Zhu, Qiuhui Zhang, Yanan Wang, and Zhiming Wang. “Photoacoustic Layer Disposed on a Substrate Generating Directional Ultrasound Waves”, US Patent, 10544811, 2020.
- ECEN 491/891-001: Quantum Communication and Quantum Computation
Material science and nanotechnology today enable the creation and operation of devices in sub-nano or even atomic scale, where quantum mechanism starts ruling. These advances empower the rise of quantum information science and technology (QIST).
Dr. Wang’s group are devoted to this emerging field via innovating and engineering material platforms (such as wide-bandgap semiconductors and two-dimensional materials) and device systems (such as single photon emitters and optomechanical resonators) to develop novel quantum operation units (qubits), sensing, computing and communication protocols.
We are seeking highly motivated and aspiring students (at both undergraduate and graduate levels) and postdoctoral researchers. If you are interested in QIST and have a passion for solid-state device design and hands-on experiments, please feel free to contact Dr. Wang at email@example.com and attach your CV/resume and a brief statement of your research interests and career goals. Candidates from Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical and Material Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline are all welcomed. Previous experience in computational electromagnetic simulation (COMSOL, Lumerical, etc.), material synthesis and nanofabrication, or optical spectroscopy is preferable.
2019–2021 Research Assistant Scientist, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida
2017–2019 Postdoctoral Research Associate, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Case Western Reserve University
- 2015–2017 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Houston
Honors and Awards
- American Physical Society (APS) 2022 Career Mentoring Fellows
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=zaibxvYAAAAJ&hl=en
Qiuhui Zhang†, Yanan Wang†,*, Feng Lin, Yingjie Tang, Peihong Cheng, Xufeng Zhou, Zhuan Zhu, Yayao Ma, Zhaoping Liu, Dong Liu, Laichen Liu, Chengzhen Qin, Zhongchen Chen, Zhiming Wang, and Jiming Bao. “Laser-Induced Dynamic Alignment and Nonlinear-Like Optical Transmission in Liquid Suspensions of 2D Atomically Thin Nanomaterials”, Optics Express 29, 36389–36399 (2021). (†Equal Contribution, *Corresponding Author)
Prior to joining UNL
Yanan Wang, Jaesung Lee, Jesse Berezovsky, and Philip X.-L. Feng. “Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics with Single Photon Emitters in Hexagonal Boron Nitride”, Applied Physics Letters 118, 244003 (2021).
Yanan Wang, Qiang Lin, and Philip X.-L. Feng. “Single-Crystal 3C-SiC-on-Insulator Platform for Integrated Quantum Photonics”, Optics Express 29, 1011–1022 (2021).
Yanan Wang, Jaesung Lee, Xu-Qian Zheng, Yong Xie, and Philip X.-L. Feng. “Hexagonal Boron Nitride Phononic Crystal Waveguides”, ACS Photonics 6, 3225–3232 (2019).
Chong Wang†, Yanan Wang†, Xinghua Su†, Viktor G. Hadjiev, Shenyu Dai, Zhaojun Qin, Hector A Calderon Benavides, Yizhou Ni, Qiang Li, Jie Jian, Md Kamrul Alam, Haiyan Wang, Francisco C Robles Hernandez, Yan Yao, Shuo Chen, Qingkai Yu, Guoying Feng, Zhiming Wang, and Jiming Bao. “Extrinsic Green Photoluminescence from the Edges of 2D Cesium Lead Halides”, Advanced Materials 31, 1902492 (2019). (†Equal Contribution)
Yanan Wang, Vivian Zhou, Yong Xie, Xu-Qian Zheng, and Philip X.-L. Feng. “Optical Contrast Signatures of Hexagonal Boron Nitride on Device Platform”, Optical Materials Express 9, 1223–1232 (2019).
Yanan Wang, Qiuhui Zhang, Zhuan Zhu, Feng Lin, Jiangdong Deng, Geng Ku, Suchuan Dong, Shuo Song, Md Kamrul Alam, Dong Liu, Zhiming Wang, and Jiming Bao. “Laser Streaming: Turning a Laser Beam into a Liquid Jet”, Science Advances 3, e1700555 (2017). (Featured Article)
Yanan Wang, Yingjie Tang, Peihong Cheng, Xufeng Zhou, Zhuan Zhu, Zhaoping Liu, Dong Liu, Zhiming Wang, and Jiming Bao. “Distinguishing Thermal Lens Effect from Electronic Third-Order Nonlinear Self-Phase Modulation in Liquid Suspensions of 2D Nanomaterials”, Nanoscale 9, 3547–3554 (2017).
Yanan Wang, Zhihua Su, Wei Wu, Shu Nie, Xinghua Lu, Haiyan Wang, Kevin McCarty, Shin-Shem Pei, Francisco Robles-Hernandez, Viktor G. Hadjiev, and Jiming Bao. “Four-Fold Raman Enhancement of 2D Band in Twisted Bilayer Graphene: Evidence for Doubly Degenerate Dirac Band and Quantum Interference”, Nanotechnology 25, 335201 (2014).
Yanan Wang, Archana Kar, Andrew Paterson, Katerina Kourentzi, Han Le, Paul Ruchhoeft, Richard Willson, and Jiming Bao. “Transmissive Nanohole Arrays for Massively-Parallel Optical Biosensing”, ACS Photonics 1, 241-245 (2014).
Yanan Wang, Zhihua Su, Wei Wu, Shu Nie, Nan Xie, Huiqi Gong, Yang Guo, Joon Hwan Lee, Sirui Xing, Xiaoxiang Lu, Haiyan Wang, Xinghua Lu, Kevin McCarty, Shin-Shem Pei, Francisco Robles-Hernandez, Viktor G. Hadjiev, and Jiming Bao. “Resonance Raman Spectroscopy of G-Line and Folded Phonons in Twisted Bilayer Graphene with Large Rotation Angles”, Applied Physics Letters 103, 123101 (2013).
- Yanan Wang, “Wide-Bandgap Semiconductors for Integrated Quantum Photonics: Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Beyond”, at Silicon Carbide (SiC) Materials & Devices Workshop 2021, Cleveland, OH. (Invited Talk)
Prior to joining UNL
- Yanan Wang, “Hexagonal Boron Nitride Phononic Crystal Waveguides for Classical and Quantum Signal Transduction”, at the 16th IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered & Molecular Systems (NEMS 2021), Xiamen, China. (Invited Talk)
- Yanan Wang and Philip X.-L. Feng. “Hexagonal Boron Nitride (h-BN) 2D Nanoscale Devices for Classical and Quantum Signal Transduction”, at SPIE Optics + Photonics 2019, San Diego, CA. (Invited Talk)