Grad Student Research Paper Competition
The EE Department has in place an annual Graduate Student Research Paper Competition. The purpose of this competition is to recognize those graduate students who prepare and present outstanding papers on their current research activities. Candidates will be judged primarily on the clarity of their oral and written presentations, audience perception of their understanding of the subject matter, and their ability to field questions on their presentation. Announcements for the competition will be posted well in advance. The conditions of this competition are:
- Graduate students interested in participating in the competition will need to formally apply to the Graduate Committee Chair on the Graduate Student Research Paper Competition Application Form on or before September 15 each year.
- All EE graduate students are eligible.
- Three prizes will be awarded each year. In addition to a certificate of recognition, the following cash prizes will be awarded: $200 for the First Prize, $100 for the Second Prize, and $50 for the Third Prize.
- The oral presentation should be made in a professional 08/04/2005age (maximum) written paper must accompany the application.
- Papers will be judged by a faculty committee consisting of not less than three faculty members.