- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2012
- M.S., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2009
- B.S., with greater distinction, Civil Engineering, Clarkson University, 2006
- Structural dynamics and earthquake engineering
- Structural Damage Assessment
- Remote Sensing
- Non-structural components
- Extreme loads on structures
- Ground motion scaling
- 2010: Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI)
- Dr. Wood has participated in reconnaissance missions after the 2010 Baja California Earthquake as part of both EERI and Geotechnical Extreme Events Reconnaissance (GEER) teams.
- Current: An active reviewer for the American Concrete Institute (ACI) Structural Journal and the American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE) Journal of Structural Engineering.
Wood, R.L. and Hutchinson, T.C. (201X) “Design-Oriented Model for Capturing the In-Plane Seismic Response of Partition Walls.” ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. (Accepted-In press).
Hutchinson, T.C., and Wood, R.L. (201X) “Cyclic Load Protocol for Anchored Nonstructural Components and Systems.” Earthquake Spectra. (Accepted-In press).
Wood, R.L. and Hutchinson, T.C. (2013) “Crack Protocols for Anchored Components and Systems.” ACI Structural Journal, 110(3): 391-401.
Wood, R.L. and Hutchinson, T.C. (2012) “Ground Motion Effects on Nonlinear Higher Mode Building Response.” Earthquakes and Structures, 3(6): 869-887.