Richard WoodAssistant Professor
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2012
- M.S., Structural Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2009
- B.S., with greater distinction, Civil Engineering, Clarkson University, 2006
- Structural dynamics and earthquake engineering
- Structural Damage Assessment
- Remote Sensing
- Non-structural components
- Extreme loads on structures
- Ground motion scaling
- Post-disaster reconassiance mission to assess structural damage following:
- 2010 Baja California Earthquake as part of both EERI and Geotechnical Extreme Events Reconnaissance (GEER) teams
- 2014 Pilger Tornado Family (Nebraska)
- 2015 Gorka Earthquake (Nepal)
- 2015 Pampa Tornado (Texas)
- An active reviewer for the American Concrete Institute (ACI) Structural Journal and the American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE) Journal of Structural Engineering.
Committee on Wind Speed Estimation in Tornadoes, Subcommittee in Remote Sensing, Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)-American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), member.
- Committee on Advances in Simulation, Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)-American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), member.
- School Earthquake Safety Initiative, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), member.
Wang X., Pantoli, E., Hutchinson T.C., Restrepo, J.I., Wood, R.L., Hoehler, M.S., Grzesik, P., and Sesma, F.H. Seismic Performance of Cold-Formed Steel Wall Systems in a Full-Scale Building. ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. 10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001245, 04015014.
Wittich, C.E., Hutchinson, T.C., Wood, R.L.; Seracini, M.; Kuester, F. Characterization of Full-Scale Human-Form Culturally Important Statues: A Case Study. ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)CP.1943-5487.0000508.
Wood, R.L. and Hutchinson, T.C. (2014) Design-Oriented Model for Capturing the In-Plane Seismic Response of Partition Walls. ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. 140(6): 04014023.
Hutchinson, T.C., and Wood, R.L. (2013) Cyclic Load Protocol for Anchored Nonstructural Components and Systems. Earthquake Spectra, 29(3): 817-842.
Wood, R.L. and Hutchinson, T.C. (2013) Crack Protocols for Anchored Components and Systems. ACI Structural Journal, 110(3): 391-402.
Wood, R.L. and Hutchinson, T.C. (2012) Effects of Ground Motion Scaling on Nonlinear Higher Mode Building Response. Earthquakes and Structures, 3(6): 869-887.
Brando, G., Rapone, D., Spacone, E., Barbosa, A., Olsen, M., Gillins, D., Soti, R., Varum. H., Arede, A., Vila-Pouca, N., Furtado, A., Oliveira, J., Rodrigues, H., Stavridis, A., Bose, S., Faggella, M., Gigliotti, R., Wood, R.L. (2015). “Reconnasiance Report on the 2015 Gorka Earthqauke Effects in Nepal.” Associazione Nazionale Italiana di Ingegneria Sismica XVO Convegno, L’Aquila, IT, September, 20pp.
Fardhosseini, M.S., Esmaeili, B., and Wood, R. (2015) “A Strategic Safety-Risk Management Plan for Recovery after Disaster Operations.” Canadian Society for Civil Engineering 5th International/11th Construction Specialty Conference, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, June, 10pp.
Wood. R.L. and Mohammadi, M.E.2 (2015) “LiDAR Scanning with Supplementary UAV Captured Images for Structural Inspections.” International LiDAR Mapping Forum 2015, Denver, CO, February, 10pp.