Shannon Bartelt-HuntAssociate Professor
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Environmental), University of Virginia, 2004
- M.S. in Civil Engineering (Environmental), University of Virginia, 2000
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Northwestern University, 1998
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Physicochemical fate of contaminants in soil and water
- Contaminant fate and transport in landfills
Oct 04, 2016: WARI opens research links to India
Jul 22, 2016: Bartelt-Hunt featured on NET
Dec 22, 2015: Investigating Climate’s Groundwater Impact
May 01, 2015: UNL faculty head team that wins AAEES Grand Prize
May 04, 2009: Awards bloom in Engineering
Honors and Awards
- Student Imapct Award: Outstanding Advisor (Engineers Without Boarders), 2017
- Grand Prize for University Research, American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists, 2015
- R. Vernon McBroom Engineering Leadership Fellow, 2014
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Distinguished Service Award, 2014
- College of Engineering Faculty Research and Creative Activity Award, 2013
- National Science Foundation CAREER award, 2012
- McGraw-Hill/AEESP Award for Outstanding Teaching in Environmental Science and Engineering, 2011
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Education, 2011
- UNL College of Engineering Faculty Service Award, 2011
- Zhang, Y.; Sallach, J.B.; Hodges, L.; Snow, D.D.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L., Eskridge, KM, Li, X. (2016). Effects of Soil texture and drought stress on antibiotic and salmonella uptake by lettuce following wastewater irrigation. Environmental Pollution, 208: 523-531.
- Phan, H.T.M.; Bartelt-Hunt, S.L., Rodenhausen, K.B., Schubert, M. and Bartz, J.C. Investigation of bovine serum albumin (BSA) attachment onto self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) using combinatorial Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Dissipation (QCM-D) and Spectroscopic Ellipsometry (SE). PLoS One, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0141282.
- Sallach, J.B., Snow, D.D., Hodges, L., Li, X., and Bartelt-Hunt, S.L. (2015). Development and Comparison of Four Methods for the Extraction of Antibiotics from a Vegetative Matrix. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, DOI: 10.1002/etc.3214.
- Zhang, Y.; Krysl, R.G., Ali, J.M., Snow, D.D., Bartelt-Hunt, S.L. and Kolok, A.S. (2015). Impact of sediment on agrichemical fate and bioavailability to adult female fathead minnows: A field study. Environmental Science and Technology, 49(15): 9037–9047.
- Sangster, J.L., Oke, H., Zhang, Y. and Bartelt-Hunt, S.L. (2015). The effect of particle size on sorption of estrogens, androgens, and progestagens in aquatic sediment. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 299: 112-121.
- Jaimes-Correa, J.C. , Snow, D.D., Bartelt-Hunt, S.L. (2015). Seasonal Occurrence of Antibiotics and Beta Agonists in an Agriculturally-Intensive Watershed. Environmental Pollution, 205: 87-96.