About our Program
The Kiewit Scholars Program invests in students with exceptional leadership potential to develop preeminent Complete Engineers® who are ready and eager to solve problems of global significance. Through a curated four-year, cohort-based program paired with a Big Ten degree, students will gain the skills and knowledge they need to become world-class engineers and leaders. Students selected for this program will experience exclusive courses focused on leadership development, special group activities, unique travel opportunities, unparalleled exposure to industry, and mentorship from professional leaders.
About Kiewit Corporation
The Scholars Program is funded and developed in partnership with Peter Kiewit & Sons, one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in such markets as transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining, and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
In The News
- College of Engineering beginning to see payoff on investments into people, facilities (Jun 23, 2022)
- Chancellor checks in on Engineering momentum, successes (Apr 15, 2022)
- Sierra engineers her future through Kiewit Scholars Program (Mar 24, 2022)
- How to build an engineer (Mar 21, 2022)
- Kiewit launches full-tuition scholarship, leadership program at Nebraska Engineering (Jan 28, 2021)