Welcome to the Song lab!
We are passionate about developing innovative modeling and computational tools to address key challenges in biological, life, and environmental sciences. Our approach features synergistic integration of a suite of complementary modeling and theoretical methods (process-based modeling, data-driven modeling, and ecological theory) for enhanced prediction and data incorporation.
Plus, we have so much fun together! Don't believe it? See our mockumentary video on YouTube or below!
- August 2023:
- 24th: Sanjog Kharel starts a GRA position in the Song lab
- 18th: Andrea Mikulasova from CBIO program joins the Song lab for a lab rotation during the fall semester
- 10th: Dr. Soo Hyun Park returns to Korea to start a new position as Research Professor at Ewha Womans University from September 2023
- July 2023:
- 24th - 27th: Hugh McCullough wins the Best Student Poster award at the 2023 MPA conference held in Seoul South Korea where Dr. Song serves as an organizaing committee member
- 8th: Manokaran, Hyun and their collaborators at IIT Madras organize a workshop on "Modeling and Data Integration for Control and Optimization of Chemical and Biological Systems" at the 22nd IFAC World Congress held in Yokohama in Japan
- 5th: Hugh McCullough successfully defended his PhD thesis - congrats Hugh!
- June 2023:
- Aimee Kessell receives a Larrick Graduate Student Travel Award for her participation in MPA 2023 - congrats Aimee!
Dr. Sridharakumar Narasimhan from IIT Madras visits UNL from June 5 to 7 to discuss collaboration with the Song lab.
Toko Hisano from Tokyo Metropolitan University in Japan and Yoan Ghaffar from Aix-Marseille University in France start their internships in the Song lab - welcome on board Toko and Yoan!