The College of Engineering’s annual Senior Design Showcase, Nebraska’s premier undergraduate engineering student design event, was held Friday, May 12, 2023 at the historic NU Coliseum on UNL's City Campus. The event showcases new and innovative projects from more than 30 teams of graduating seniors from across the college. Their projects reflect real-world professional challenges, environments and, in some cases, collaborations with industry clients to develop products and devices that could have immediate impact.
Among the projects on display were:
- Two projects that examine the erosion effects of runoff water in the Cripple Creek Watershed and how the stream and banks can be restored.
- Working with the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum in Ashland, students developed an interactive exhibit for the B-36 bomber to give museum guests an experience similar to those who had to use a tunnel to navigate the interior of the plane.
- A device that allows a physician to perform an ultrasound from a remote location using a real-time, stable two-way connection.
- A proposed method for upscaling the production of fuel-grade bioethanol and citric acid by using banana peels that would otherwise have been thrown away in large quantities.
- An elliptical machine that allows doctors to assist patients with traumatic brain injuries in their rehabilitation, especially in helping patients “relearn” to use their legs for walking.
- Campus map (NU Coliseum / parking)