The CIAC Tradition of Excellence Scholarship is a $5,000 non-renewable scholarship that will be awarded to multiple incoming construction students. The application deadline for this scholarship is March 15, 2024.
Successful applicants must:
- Meet admission requirements and be accepted to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction (DSAEC)
- Intend to declare a major in Construction Management or Construction Engineering
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5
- Complete the CIAC Scholarship application.
- Demonstrate involvement in community or school organizations, clubs, or teams (athletic or otherwise).
- Communicate work or personal experience as it relates to the construction industry or related field.
Scholarship recipients must:
- Enroll full-time (12+ credit hours) in the semester the scholarship is awarded
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.5
- Remain in good standing as a student
- Comply with all university regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus
- Consent to release grades to the Director of the DSAEC for the purpose of reporting to the donor
Initial judging will be made on the basis of each candidate’s grade point average, career goals, participation in extracurricular activities, and evidence of leadership, character and self-reliance. Applicants may be contacted for an interview by the CIAC Scholarship Selection Committee.