- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Universidade Federal do Ceará.
- M.S. in Engineering Mechanics, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Materials for Construction and Structural Engineering
- Concrete and Mortar
- Diversity and Inclusion
- CNST 251 Construction Materials and Specifications
- CNST 252 Construction Materials and Testing
- CNST 242 Construction Equipment and Methods II
About Emmeline Lemos Watson
Professor Watson started her career path in the Construction Industry in her hometown, Fortaleza, Brazil, where she was in a variety of roles in vertical construction, before coming to the US for graduate school. After finishing her masters, Professor Watson worked as a Structural Engineer in the Rail and Aviation Industry, and Certification Coordinator before coming back to academia as a Professor of Practice.
Professor Watson is very passionate about teaching, and diversity and inclusion in the STEM field.
Professor Watson completed a Master of Science degree in Engineering Mechanics and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
Honors and Awards
AMT Next Gen 40 and Under 40
"A Comparison Between Mechanistic and Mechanistic-Empirical Softwares to Predict Asphalt Pavement Service Life"