Have a workshop question?
Join the Durham School for the 2022 'Future of the Building Industry' (FoBI) Workshop, scheduled for May 23-24, 2022, at the Scott Conference Center in Omaha, Nebraska! This 1.5-day workshop features invited speakers and participants from academia and industry, coming together to brainstorm and take actions towards realizing high-performance, sustainable and healthy ‘smart infrastructure’ of the future. Each year, the FoBI workshop theme is expected to change; the 2022 workshop aims to connect research on indoor environmental quality, sensing and controls to the current challenges and opportunities of living environments for aging adults.
- A synopsis of the schedule of presentations and activities at the 2022 FoBI Workshop may be viewed or downloaded from here.
- The full program with information on the invited speakers (with presentation titles and abstracts) and invited panelists may be viewed or downloaded from here.
The FoBI workshop is followed immediately by the half-day Durham School PhD Symposium (afternoon of May 24), during which PhD Fellows invited to attend the FoBI workshop are asked to present their scholarly work to each other and to Durham School faculty and students. The Durham School plans to host the FoBI Workshop and PhD Symposium every year for the foreseeable future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of the FoBI organizing committee for more information.
2022 Durham School 'Future of the Building Industry' Organizing Committee
- Fadi Alsaleem (UNL Durham School)
- Marcel Harmon (BranchPattern)
- Iason Konstantzos (UNL Durham School)
- Jennifer Lather (UNL Durham School)
- Josephine Lau (UNL Durham School)
- Julie Masters (UNO Gerontology)
- Lily Wang (UNL Durham School)
- Clarence Waters (UNL Durham School)
- David Yuill (UNL Durham School)