Have a workshop question?
Join the Durham School for the 2023 'Future of the Building Industry' (FoBI) Workshop, scheduled for June 1-2, 2023 at Scott Conference Center in Omaha, Nebraska. This 1.5-day workshop will feature invited speakers and participants from academia, industry, and government, coming together to brainstorm and take actions toward realizing high-performance, sustainable and healthy ‘smart infrastructure’ of the future.
Each year, the FoBI Workshop theme is expected to change. The 2023 workshop focuses on smart resilient communities. Topics include:
- The current state of community infrastructure resilience (to both disasters and changing climate conditions)
- Modeling to measure integrity of systems
- Methods to design, monitor, and implement the health of buildings and other infrastructure
- key issues to be studied in the next 3-5 years.
- The 2023 Workshop program may be downloaded from this link.
The FoBI Workshop is followed immediately by the half-day Durham School Ph.D. Symposium (afternoon of June 2), during which Ph.D. Fellows invited to attend the FoBI Workshop are asked to present their scholarly work to each other and to Durham School faculty and students. The Durham School plans to host the FoBI Workshop and Ph.D. Symposium every year for the foreseeable future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of the FoBI organizing committee for more information.
2023 Durham School 'Future of the Building Industry' Organizing Committee