Jae Sung Park
Personal Links:• Park Research Group
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea
For graduate students who are interested in joining our research group, students should be admitted to the graduate program before contacting me. For interested applicants, please send your CV and transcript to Dr. Park at jaesung.park[at]unl[dot]edu.
For undergraduates who are interested in doing research on computational fluid dynamics, please contact Dr. Park for further discussion about research topics. Our group strongly supports the involvement of undergraduates in graduate-level research for their future endeavors.
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
Fluid mechanics, Turbulence, Complex fluids, Electrokinetics, Microscale transport, Biofluids, Mathematical modeling, Scientific computing
- MECH 310 Fluid Mechanics
- MECH 810 Viscous Flow I
- MECH 812 Viscous Flow II
About Jae Sung Park
Dr. Park joined the faculty of the Department of Mechanical and Material Engineering at UNL in 2017. Prior to coming to UNL, he worked as a postdoctoral associate in the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His research interests encompass a wide range of fluid mechanics, from low Reynolds number flows to high Reynolds number flows, focusing on complex fluids, colloidal suspensions, electrokinetics, and turbulent flow. Most of his research centers around techniques for energy-saving engineering and nanotechnology. He develops advanced computational algorithms to investigate various problems in fluid mechanics. His publications include articles in such academic journals as Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Physical Review E, Physcial Review Fluids, Soft Matter, and others.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Department of Mechanical and Material Engieering, Assistant Professor, 2017 - present
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Postdoctoral Associate, 2012 - 2016
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Mechanical Science and Engieering, Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant, 2007 - 2012
Honors and Awards
- Henry Y. Kleinkauf Family Distinguished New Faculty Teaching Award, 2020
- Finalist for Great Plains IDeA-CTR Superstar, 2018
- KUSCO-KSEA Scholarship, Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association, 2009
- Academic Excellence Scholarship, Hanyang University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, 2004-2005