Keegan Moore, PhD
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Akron, Akron, OH
Current Openings: One to two positions for visiting scholars with interests and expertise in theoretical and experimental nonlinear dynamics.
Always looking for strong candidates at both graduate and undergraduate levels. Please contact Dr. Moore to discuss possible research opportunities.
- Theoretical and experimental nonlinear dynamics and vibrations
- System identification and model updating
- Data-driven modeling and identification
- Advanced signal processing focusing on empirical mode decomposition methods
- Non-reciprocal acoustics and nonlinear energy guiding
- Aeroelasticity and dataa-driven flutter analysis
- MECH 416/816: Engineering Acoustics (Rated 4.39/5.00)
- MECH 373: Engineering Dynamics
- K.J. Moore, ``Characteristic Nonlinear System Identification: A Data-driven Approach for Local Nonlinear Attachments," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, (accepted).
- K.J. Moore, A. Mojahed, L.A. Bergman, A.F. Vakakis, ``Local Nonlinear Attachments Induce Global Repercussions in Airplane Dynamics," AIAA Journal, (accepted).
K.J. Moore, M. Kurt, M. Eriten, D.M. McFarland, L.A. Bergman, A.F. Vakakis, ``Direct Detection of Nonlinear Modal Interactions From Time Series Measurements," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 125:311-329, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2017.09.010
K.J. Moore, M. Kurt, M. Eriten, D.M. McFarland, L.A. Bergman, A.F. Vakakis, ``Wavelet-Bounded Empirical Mode Decomposition for Measured Time Series Analysis," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 99:14-29, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2017.06.005
K.J. Moore, J. Bunyan, S.H. Tawfick, O.V. Gendelman, S. Li, M. Leamy, A.F. Vakakis, ``Non-Reciprocity in the Dynamics of Coupled Oscillators with Nonlinearity, Asymmetry and Scale Hierarchy," Physical Review E, 97(1):012219, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.97.012219
K.J. Moore, A.F. Vakakis, ``Wave Non-Reciprocity at a Nonlinear Structural Interface," Acta Mechanica, 229(10):4057-4070, 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00707-018-2212-5
- K.J. Moore, M. Kurt, M. Eriten, D.M. McFarland, L.A. Bergman, A.F. Vakakis, ``Nonlinear Parameter Identification of a Mechanical Interface Based on Primary Wave Scattering," Experimental Mechanics, 57(9):1495-1508, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-017-0320-0