Personal Links:• MoDAL
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Akron, Akron, OH
- August 2022 - Congratulations to Drs. Singh and Wang for defending their dissertations successfully and completing their PhDs!
- March 2022 - Prof. Moore and his collaborator Prof. P. Malcolm from UNO have been funded by the National Science Foundation for their proposal titled "Collaborative Research: Detecting Gait Phases with Raised Metabolic Cost using Robotic Perturbations and System Identification for Enabling Targeted Rehabilitation Therapy."
February 2022 - Prof. Moore receives a competitive Navy Summer Faculty Research Program Fellowship to work on hardware-in-the-loop structural health monitoring using reduced-order mod
November 2021 - Prof. Moore has been selected to receive a 2022 AFOSR Young Investigator Award Digital Engineering the Test and Modeling Process: Autonomous Methods for Reconciling Test and Model Results.
April 2021 - Prof. Moore receives a competitive Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship to work on wave interactions in stacked concrete slabs. Research will be carried out in partnership with the Air Force research Laboratory at Eglin Air Force Base in Eglin, FL.
April 2020 - Prof. Moore receives a competitive Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship to work on wave interactions in stacked concrete slabs. Research will be carried out in partnership with the Air Force research Laboratory at Eglin Air Force Base in Eglin, FL.
November 2019 - Prof. Moore awarded a competitive slot in the Faculty Fellowship Program in Israel sponsored by Jewish National Fund. Prof. Moore will travel to Israel with other US faculty members to meet and form collaborations with Israeli professors and researchers.
Research Opportunities (Graduate/Undergraduate)
Curriculum Vitae (CV):
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Theoretical and experimental nonlinear dynamics and vibrations
- Data-driven modeling and identification
- Reduced-order modeling of bolted joint loosening
- Digital engineering and autonomous methods for model validation and updating
- Identification of unknown time series in biomechanics
- Vibrations in next-generation aircraft
- Non-reciprocal acoustics and nonlinear energy guiding
- MECH 416/816: Engineering Acoustics
- MECH 373: Engineering Dynamics
- MECH 975: Advanced Vibrations
- C. López, Á. Naranjo, S. Lu, K.J. Moore, “Hidden Markov Model based Stochastic Resonance and Its Application to Bearing Fault Diagnosis,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 528:116890, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2022.116890
- A. Singh, K.J. Moore, “Component-Scaled Signal Reconstruction for Enhanced Noise Filtration,” Journal of Vibration and Control, Published online January 12, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F10775463211051461
- S. Aldana, K.J. Moore, “Dynamic wave Interactions in Axial Rods with Multiple Threaded Interfaces,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 520:116625, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2021.116625
- C. López, D. Wang, Á. Naranjo, K.J. Moore, “Box-Cox-Sparse-Measures-Based Blind Filtering: Understanding the Difference between the Maximum Kurtosis Deconvolution and the Minimum Entropy Deconvolution,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 165:108376, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2021.108376
- A. Singh, K.J. Moore, “An Open-source, Scalable, Low-cost Automatic Modal Hammer for Studying Nonlinear Dynamical Systems,” Experimental Techniques, 133, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40799-021-00516-7.
- A. Singh, K.J. Moore, “Identiﬁcation of Multiple Local Nonlinear Attachments Using a Single Measurement,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 513:115410, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2021.116410