- Princeton University, Princeton, N.J., Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (1988-1993)
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y., M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (1986-1988)
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, M.E. in Engineering Mechanics (1982-1985)
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, B.E. in Engineering Mechanics (1977-1982)
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Theory of piezoelectricity
- Theories of plates, shells and rods
- Waves and vibration
- Modeling of electromechanical materials and devices
- 12/95-8/97: Engineer, Motorola, Inc.
- 9/94-11/95: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 9/93-8/94: Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Missouri-Rolla
Recent Journal Papers (2018):
- X. Y. Dai, F. Zhu, Z. H. Qian and J. S. Yang, Electric potential and carrier distribution in a piezoelectric semiconductor nanowire in time-harmonic bending vibration, Nano Energy, 43, 22-28, 2018.
- Y. X. Luo, C. L. Zhang, W. Q. Chen and J. S. Yang, Piezopotential in a bended composite fiber made of a semiconductive core and of two piezoelectric layers with opposite polarities, Nano Energy, 54, 341-348, 2018.
- F. Zhu, S. H. Ji, J. Q. Zhu, Z. H. Qian and J. S. Yang, Study on the influence of semiconductive property for the improvement of nanogenerator by wave mode approach, Nano Energy, 52, 474-484, 2018.
- G. L. Wang, J. X. Liu, CX. L. Liu, W. J. Feng and J. S. Yang, Extensional vibration characteristics and screening of polarization charges in a ZnO piezoelectric semiconductor nanofiber, J. Appl. Phys., 124, 094502, 2018.
- R. R. Cheng, C. L. Zhang, W. Q. Chen and J. S. Yang, Piezotronic effects in the extension of a composite fiber of piezoelectric dielectrics and nonpiezoelectric semiconductors, J. Appl. Phys., 124, 064506, 2018.
- H. J. He, J. S. Yang, J. A. Kosinski and H. F. Zhang, Scalar differential equations for transversely varying thickness modes in doubly-rotated quartz crystal sensors, IEEE Sensors Letters, 2, 2501004, 2018.
- Z. N. Zhao, B. Wang, Z. H. Qian and J. S. Yang, Trapped-energy thickness-extensional mode of a partially electroded ZnO thin film resonator, IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Ferroelect., Freq. Contr., 65, 1669-1679, 2018.
- J.-H. Jin and J. S. Yang, Energy conversion efficiency of a piezo-thermoelectric material, Journal of Electronic Materials, 47, 4533-4538, 2018.
- G. Y. Yang, J. K. Du, J. Wang and J. S. Yang, Extension of a piezoelectric semiconductor fiber with consideration of electrical nonlinearity, Acta Mechanica, 229, 4663-4676, 2018.
- X. Y. Dai, Z. H. Qian and J. S. Yang, A semi-analytical solution for electric double layers near an elliptical cylinder, Acta Mechanica Sinica, 34, 62-67, 2018.
- Y. X. Luo, R. R. Cheng, C. L. Zhang, W. Q. Chen and J. S. Yang, Electromechanical fields near a circular PN junction between two piezoelectric semiconductors, Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 31, 127-140, 2018.
- G. L. Wang, J. X. Liu, W. J. Feng and Jiashi Yang, Mechanically, electrically and magnetically imperfect interface conditions via first-order plate theory, Mechanics Research Communications, 94, 110-113, 2018.
- S. T. Lu, C. L. Zhang, W. Q. Chen and J. S. Yang, Two-dimensional equations for thin-films of ionic conductors, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 39, 1071-1088, 2018.
- G. Y. Yang, J. K. Du, J. Wang and J. S. Yang, Electromechanical fields in a nonuniform piezoelectric semiconductor rod, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 13, 103-120, 2018.
- J. Liu, T. F. Ma, J. K. Du, J. Wang and J. S. Yang, An analysis of an unbounded thin film bulk acoustic wave piezoelectric resonator with a circular driving electrodes, Int. J. Appl. Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 56, 11-19, 2018.
- J. Liu, J. K. Du, J. Wang and J. S. Yang, Trapped thickness-extensional modes in high overtone thin film bulk acoustic wave piezoelectric resonators, Ferroelectrics-Letters Section, 45, 38-48, 2018.
- J. Liu, J. K. Du, J. Wang and J. S. Yang, Thin film bulk acoustic wave piezoelectric resonators with circular ring driving electrodes for mass sensing, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 192, 57-66, 2018.
- J. Liu, J. K. Du, J. Wang and J. S. Yang, Thin film bulk acoustic wave filters with ring-dot electrodes, Journal of Zhejing University Science-A, 19, 786-795, 2018.
- J. J. Shi, C. Y. Fan, M. H. Zhao and J. S. Yang, Effects of electrode off center on trapped thickness-shear modes in contoured AT-cut quartz resonators, International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, 23, 423-431, 2018.
- J. S. Yang, Vibration of Piezoelectric Crystal Plates, World Scientific, 2013.
- J. S. Yang, Antiplane Motions of Piezoceramics and Acoustic Wave Devices, World Scientific, 2010.
- J. S. Yang, Analysis of Piezoelectric Devices, World Scientific, 2006.
- J. S. Yang, The Mechanics of Piezoelectric Structures, World Scientific, 2006.
- J. S. Yang, An Introduction to the Theory of Piezoelectricity, Springer, 2005, 2018.