• Negahban Group
• Advanced Mechanics and Materials Engineering International Laboratory (AMME-International)
• Polymer Mechanics Laboratory
- Ph.D. (1988): University of Michigan, Applied Mechanics, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- M.S.E. (1984): University of Michigan, Applied Mechanics, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.S. (1982): Iowa State University of Science and Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Ames, Iowa
- Theoretical, computational, and experimental studies to characterize large deformation thermo-mechanical response of materials, in particular polymers.
- Simulation of the effects of crystallization on the mechanical behavior of polymers under large deformations.
- The study of the effects of crystallization on failure and the redistribution of stress in polymer matrix composites. Simulation of the manufacturing of thin film extruded polymers.
- Experimental investigation and theoretical modeling of large plastic forming and shape recovery in amorphous polymers.
3D printing with stereo lithography: Controlling property variation and optimizing property distribution.
- MECH 223 - Engineering Statics
- MECH 325 - Mechanics of Elastic Bodies
- MECH 373 - Engineering Dynamics
- MECH 480/880 - Numerical Methods in Engineering
- MECH 449/849 - Advanced Dynamics
- MECH 451/851 - Introduction to Finite Element Analysis
- MECH 910 - Continuum Mechanics
- MECH 918 - Fundamentals of Finite Elements
- MECH 939 - Viscoelasticity
- MECH 942 - Theory of Plasticity
Zhong Chen, Ph.D., "Optimal Grading for Strength and Functionality of Parts Made of Interpenetrating Polymer Networks: Load Capacity Enhancement," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, December, 2016.
Evan Schwahn, M.S., "Using Controlled Curing in a Custom Stereolithography-based 3D Printing Machine to Obtain Graded Property Variations," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, August, 2015.
- Lili Zhang, Ph.D., "Propogation of thermo-mechanical waves in deforming nonlinear viscoelastic bodies," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, August, 2013.
- Lena Butterfield (with Li Tan), M.S., "Developing and characterizing a rapid prototyping stereo-lithography machine to produce interpenetrating polymer network systems," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, August, 2013.
- Emilie Bobo, M.S., "Development of a controllable polymer system using interpenetrating networks," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, August, 2013.
- Jonathan M. Hein, M.S., "Ultrasonic and stereo-optical characterization techniques for applications in mechanical testing," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, December, 2011.
- Ke Yu, M.S., "Generic strategies to implement material grading in finite element methods for isotropic and anisotropic materials," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, December, 2011.
- Charles Landais, M.S., "Ultrasonic methods for the characterization of complex materials and material systems: Polymers, structured polymers, soft tissue and bone," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, May, 2011.
- Shawn E. Meagher, M.S., "Anomalous loss of toughness of work toughened polycarbonate," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, December, 201o.
- Quentin Fichot, "Characterization, modeling, and consequences of the development during plastic flow of large anisotropy in the wave speeds," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, December, 201o.
- Ashwani Kumar Goel, Ph.D., "Large deformation thermodynamically consistent constitutive model for glassy polymers," University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, December, 2009.
- Z Chen*, W Li*, M Negahban†, J-M Saiter, N Delpouve, L Tan, and Z Li, "Approaching the upper bound of load capacity: Functional grading with interpenetrating polymer networks," Journal of Materials and Design, 137, 152-163 (2018). DOI:0.1016/j.matdes.2017.10.019
- Y Liu, J Yi, Z Li†, X Su, W Li*, and M Negahban, "Dissipative elastic metamaterial with a low-frequency passband," AIP Advances, 7, 6, 65215 (2017). DOI:10.1063/1.4991034
- L Zhang*†, Z Zhang*, J Jasa*, D Li, RO Cleveland, M Negahban, and A Jérusalem†, "Molecular dynamics simulations of heterogeneous cell membranes in response to uniaxial membrane stretches at high loading rates," Scientific Reports, 7, 8316 (2017). DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-06827-3
- Z Chen*, and M Negahban†, "Functional grading of IPN parts: Plates with single and multiple cracks," Acta Mechanica (2017). DOI:10.1007/s00707-017-1911-7
- Z Zhang*, L Zhang*, J Jasa*, W Li*, G Gazonas, and M Negahban†, "High fidelity computational characterization of the mechanical response of thermally aged polycarbonate," Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 25, 26 pages (2017). DOI:10.1088/1361-651X/aa7341
- M Negahban, L Zhang*, Z Zhang*, J Jasa*, and A Jérusalem, "Software for Extracting Deformation Gradient and Stress from MD Simulations: Simulations using the CHARMM Force Field," (2017).
- M Negahban, "Negahban Group Report: Saw-tooth shear response of aged poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)," (2017).
- W Li*, G Gazonas, EN Brown, PJ Rao, and M Negahban†, "Back Stress in Modeling the Response of PEEK and PC," In Challenges in Mechanics of Time Dependent Materials, Edited by: B Antoun, A Arzoumanidis, HJ Qi, M Silberstein, A Amirkhizi, J Furmanski, and H Lu, 2, 181-186 (2017). DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-41543-7_23
- W Li*, M Bakhtiary-Noodeh*, N Delpouve, J-M Saiter, L Tan, and M Negahban†, "Printing Continuously Graded Interpenetrating Polymer Networks of Acrylate/Epoxy by Manipulating Cationic Network Formation during Stereolithography," eXPRESS Polymer Letters, 10, 12, 1003-1015 (2016). DOI:10.3144/expresspolymlett.2016.93
- W Li*, F Bateux*, S Araujo*, N Delpouve, J-M Saiter, and M Negahban†, "Measurement of Beer-Lambert Attenuation Coefficient and Curing Kinetics Power Order: A Method Based on Rapid-Scan FTIR During Laser Curing on an ATR," Macromolecular Symposia, 365, 173-179 (2016). DOI:10.1002/masy.201650022
- L Buterfield*, E Bobo*, W Li*, S Henning, N Delpouve†, L Tan, J-M Saiter, and M Negahban, "Morphology and Thermomechanical Properties in Epoxy Acrylate Interpenetrated Networks," Macromolecular Symposia, 365, 59-66 (2016). DOI:10.1002/masy.201650012
- J Chen, K Pitchai, S Birla, D Jones, M Negahban, and J Subbia†, "Modeling heat and mass transport during microwave heating of frozen food rotating on a turntable," Food and Bioproducts Processing, 99, 116-127 (2016). DOI:10.1016/j.fbp.2016.04.009
- BM Humphrey, RW Bielengerg, RK Faller, JD Reid, and M Negahban, "Improved Methodologies in Modeling and Predicting Failure in AASHTO M-180 Guardrail Steel Using Finite Element Analysis - Phase I," University of Nebraska-Lincoln Digital Commons, 452 pages (2016).
- W Li*, EN Brown, PJ Rao, G Gazonas, and M Negahban†, "Mechanical Characterization and Preliminary Modeling of PEEK," Mechanics of Composite and Multi-functional Materials, 7, 209-218 (2016). DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-21762-8_25
- L Tan, and M Negahban, "Preface to Special Issue: POLYCHAR 23 - World Forum on Advanced Materials," Macromolecular Symposia, 365, 2 pages (2016). DOI:10.1002/masy.201670027
- L Tan, and M Negahban, "Special Issue: POLYCHAR 23 - World Forum on Advanced Materials," Macromolecular Symposia, 365, 267 pages (2016). DOI:DOI: 10.1002/masy.201670024
- Z Chen*, and M Negahban†, "Avoiding Negative Elastic Moduli when using Lagrange Interpolation for Material Grading in Finite Element Analysis," Acta Mechanica, 227, 693-706 (2015). DOI:10.1007/s00707-015-1476-2
- L Zhang*, J Jasa*, G Gazonas, A Jérusalem, and M Negahban†, "Extracting continuum-like deformation and stress from molecular dynamics simulations," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 283, 1010-1031 (2015). DOI:10.1016/j.cma.2014.10.018
- W Li*, EN Brown, PJ Rao, G Gazonas, and M Negahban, "Mechanical Characterization and Preliminary Modeling of PEEK," Experimental Mechanics Annual 2015, Costa Mesa, California, USA, 6/8-11 2015 (2015).
Full list at: Negahban Group