Outstanding Paper AwardsThree awards will be given for the best engineering education papers published and presented at the September 2023 ASEE Midwest Conference.
- Awards of $300, $200, and $100 will be given for the first-, second-, and third-place papers, respectively.
- Only FULL papers are considered for best paper awards. Certificates of recognition will also be presented to the authors of the selected papers.
- For multiple-author papers, individual certificates will be presented, but the honorarium will be split among the authors.
- Award presentations will be made at the Midwest Section business luncheon during the conference.
Student Paper and Poster Awards*
- Student Paper Award: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
- Full engineering education papers with student first author/s will be first considered for Outstanding Paper Awards.
- Non-education technical student papers will be considered for poster presentations and awards as mentioned below.
- Undergraduate Student Poster Award: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
- Graduate Student Poster Award: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
Eligibility Requirements for all Paper & Poster Awards:
- Submissions must be accepted for publication and included in the ASEE Midwest Conference proceedings.
- At least one author must register for the conference. Selection criteria include paper quality and relevance to engineering education.
Selection Process for all Paper & Poster Awards:Potential outstanding papers and posters are determined through a peer review process. The first-place outstanding-paper winner will be automatically nominated for the competition for the ASEE Zone III Best Paper Award.
Midwest Section Outstanding Teaching AwardSee submission instructions at the bottom of this page.
The award consists of a $1000 honorarium and a certificate of recognition to an individual whose activities embody outstanding contributions to engineering and/or technology education. This award is jointly sponsored by the Deans of the Midwest Section. The winner becomes the Section nominee for the ASEE National Outstanding Teaching Award for the following year. See this page for nomination and selection criteria. The winner must be ASEE member to represent the Midwest Section in the National competition.
Nomination Package:Any Section member may nominate candidates, but each institution may put forth only ONE nominee to be facilitated by their Dean’s Office. The nomination package should include a letter of support from the Dean or their designee. Up to a three-page curriculum vita and no more than 11 additional pages of information (including support letters) should comprise each school’s nomination package. Support letters from colleagues and current/past students are recommended but not required. The nomination package must be submitted by July 31, 2023 (see last section for details). Late nominations or packets exceeding page limits will not be considered. Award winners must attend the September 2023 ASEE Midwest Conference in Lincoln, NE.
Midwest Section Outstanding Service AwardSee submission instructions at the bottom of this page.
This award, also sponsored by the Deans of the Midwest Section, consists of an honorarium of $750 and a certificate of recognition to an individual whose contributions to engineering and/or technology education relate primarily to (a) teaching support, (b) non-classroom, student-related activities, and/or (c) involvement in ASEE and ASEE Midwest Section activities.
Nomination Package:Any Section member may nominate candidates and each institution may put forth multiple nominees. The nomination package should include a nomination letter (one page maximum), a nomination rationale statement (two pages maximum), a curriculum vitae (three pages maximum), and evidence of service accomplishments (eight pages maximum). The nomination package must be submitted by July 31, 2023 (see last section for details). Late nominations or packets exceeding page limits will not be considered. Award winners must attend the September 2023 ASEE Midwest Conference in Lincoln, NE. Nominees do not have to be ASEE members but in a close contest the award will go to an ASEE member.
Submission Information & Instructions for the Teaching Award and Service Award
- Electronic submission ONLY.
- All documents must be contained in ONE PDF file.
- Submission deadline: July 31, 2023. Details are described above in the Nomination Package.
- Late nominations or packets exceeding page limits are not considered.
Subject line: ASEE Midwest Nomination – followed by either “Teaching” or “Service”.