ASEE 2023 Midwest Conference Awards
Outstanding Paper Awards
Three awards will be given for the best engineering education papers published and presented at the September 2023 ASEE Midwest Conference.
- Awards of $300, $200, and $100 will be given for the first-, second-, and third-place papers, respectively.
- Only FULL papers are considered for best paper awards. Certificates of recognition will also be presented to the authors of the selected papers.
- For multiple-author papers, individual certificates will be presented, but the honorarium will be split among the authors.
- Award presentations will be made at the Midwest Section business luncheon during the conference.
Student Paper and Poster Awards*
- Student Paper Award: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
- Full engineering education papers with student first author/s will be first considered for Outstanding Paper Awards.
- Non-education technical student papers will be considered for poster presentations and awards as mentioned below.
- Undergraduate Student Poster Award: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
- Graduate Student Poster Award: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
*Student Paper and Poster Awards are tentative and will depend on number and quality of submissions. Monetary awards are tentative!
Eligibility Requirements for all Paper & Poster Awards:
- Submissions must be accepted for publication and included in the ASEE Midwest Conference proceedings.
- At least one author must register for the conference. Selection criteria include paper quality and relevance to engineering education.
Selection Process for all Paper & Poster Awards:
Potential outstanding papers and posters are determined through a peer review process. The first-place outstanding-paper winner will be automatically nominated for the competition for the ASEE Zone III Best Paper Award.