Architectural Engineering students enroll through UNO and take classes in Omaha, but will receive their degree from UNL
Architectural engineers blend the fundamental principles of engineering with knowledge of all building systems. Using new and emerging technologies, graduates will plan and design integrated building systems.
The Durham School’s five-year program, one of only a few in the nation, combines a bachelor’s and master’s degree into five years of schooling so our students graduate with an ABET-accredited Master of Architectural Engineering degree. As a Master of Architectural Engineering graduate, you will have an excellent foundation to give you a head-start in the career field.
The Nebraska AE program is located on the Scott Campus at the University of Nebraska at Omaha; all degrees are conferred from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Architectural Engineer Focus
- Structural design of buildings
- Design and analysis of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Acoustic and lighting design & analysis
- Energy conservation
- Design of building electrical systems
- Bachelor of Science (BSAE)
- ABET Accredited Master of AE (MAE)
- Master of Science (MSAE)
- Master of Engineering with a concentration in AE (MENG)
- Ph.D. in AE
Accredited Master's Program
- 5-year ABET accredited BS/Master of Architectural Engineering (MAE)
- MAEs form into multidisciplinary design teams to consider a real world project
- A full set of seven design professionals mentor through the entire fifth year
- Greater than a 2:1 mentor to student ratio
National & International Award Winning Teams
- NCEES Engineering Award for Connecting Professional Practice and Education
- ASHRAE Student Design Competition, multiple top placements
- AEI Student Design Competition, multiple top placements
- Howard Brandston Student Lighting Design Education Grant, year after year
Durham School Career Fair
- Employers seeking applicants from Durham School programs -- very high demand
- Architectural Engineering majors sought for internships and full-time employment
- Master’s degree graduates are virtually 100% employed prior to graduation
- Many graduates work for a company where they had previously interned
ENTRY-LEVEL AVERAGE ANNUAL PAY IS $63,000+
- View our enrollment and graduation data for the B.S. in Architectural Engineering.