Explore Architectural Engineering and Construction 2024
Explorer Posts, sponsored by The Boy Scouts of America, introduce students (age 14 to 20) to career fields and provides them with the resources and opportunities to develop skills in their interested fields. Students experience hands-on learning under the mentor-ship of adult volunteers. Also known as Career Exploring and Learning for Life, the program provides the encouraging relationships and personal development to increase student success and wellbeing. Visit http://exploring.learningforlife.org/ to learn more about the Exploring Program.
Each spring, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Durham School hosts an annual Explorer Post at The Peter Kiewit Institute on Scott Campus at UNO. This Explorer Post incorporates hands-on activities in a higher education setting with current students and professors from the Durham School. Explorers are provided hands-on, engineering focused opportunities to learn about architectural engineering, construction engineering, and construction management along with structural, electrical, mechanical, lighting, and acoustical design.
2024 Explorer Post DatesSession 1 - Welcome Dinner and Orientation
Tuesday, February 6, 2024 - 6:00pm-8:00pm
Scott Conference Center - UNO Scott Campus
6450 Pine Street, Omaha, NE 68106
- Get an overview of the College of Engineering and the Durham School including faculty, alumni and student panel discussions. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend this event.
Session 2 - Majors/Specializations
Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - 6:00pm-8:00pm
The Peter Kiewit Institute - UNO Scott Campus
1110 South 67th Street, Omaha, NE 68182
- Apply the laws of physics to understand the structural focus in architectural engineering
- Discover mechanical and acoustical considerations for architectural engineering
- Explore the fundamentals of construction engineering and management
- Take part in a lighting/electrical laboratory demonstration
Registration opens soon!
Cost is $25. Parents do not need to register seperately and are welcome to attend the Welcome Dinner and Orientation (Session 1).
For questions, contact Andrew Bechdolt at firstname.lastname@example.org.