Complete Engineer Fellow
- Supports the COE's mission of teaching excellence through facilitating faculty professional development opportunities offered through the ECEC's Faculty Teaching Fellows and Scholars programs
- Pre-award support for new faculty applying for for the NSF CAREER Award, including resource development, consultations, and grant review feedback
- PhD (2021) - Natural Resource Sciences, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- MS (2017) - Biology, Texas Tech University
- BS (2014) - Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology, Kansas State University
Amie S. Sommers is the Senior STEM Education Specialist of the Engineering and Computing Education Core for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, College of Engineering. She earned her B.S. in Wildlife Biology at Kansas State University, her M.S. degree in Biology from Texas Tech University, and her PhD focused on discipline-based education research from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Dr. Sommers’ work focuses on partnering with faculty to support teaching in the College of Engineering through professional development opportunities and pre-award support for education-related grant work.