REMOTE SENSING IN PRECISION AGRICULTURE
Transforming Scientific Advancement intoInnovation
Remote sensing technology is playing an increasingly important role in the agriculture sector by providing timely spectral information which can be used to assess the biophysical indicators of plant health, to quantify crop yield, to map the soil quality, and to improve agro-ecological forecasts. This book project will compile the latest applications of Remote Sensing in agriculture using spaceborne, airborne and drones’ geospatial data.
Consider your contributions within (but not exclusively) the following sections:
Section 1- Principles of Precision Agriculture (PA).
Precision agriculture, e-agriculture, Phenotyping, Artificial Intelligence, machine learning/neural networks
Section 2-PA Practices for soil management.
Digital Soil Mapping, soil maps and remotely sensed data, crop variability, Estimation of Field Nutrient, Integrated nutrient management, Soil nutrient modelling (SAR, thermal and fluorescence imaging)
Section 3- PA practices for irrigation water management.
Application of remote sensing in water management, Irrigation management, SVAT–groundwater model for water resources simulation, Irrigation methods, Irrigation scheduling and water use efficiency
Section-4- PA practices for crop management
Estimation of Crop Biomass, Phenotyping of crops Sensor, precision crop protection, detection of pests, Space monitoring of weeds, pests and diseases, SVAT-crop growth model
Section-5- Advanced modelling practices in PA
Yield estimation & forecasts using RS, crop production forecasts with RS, crop models, Data assimilation and crop growth model simulation, Hyperspectral Imaging solutions, Microwave imaging solution, Drone in precision agriculture, DSS in PA
Section-6- Future Aspects and Challenges in RS for PA.
Current Challenges and Future Endeavors, Future EO Space missions devoted to agriculture.
Information about chapter submission
- All chapters will be peer-reviewed & the accepted chapters will be published for free.
- Your chapter will receive its own DOI number and will be indexed in Scopus, which will allow others to cite it specifically.
- To assist with meeting the various deadlines, if you accept this invitation to contribute, please send ONLY title of the chapter with the full list of authors and their affiliations no later than March 31, 2021.
- Please note that, the deadline to submit the first-version of the chapter will be October 1, 2021.
- Authors can submit their MS online through https://app.elsa.pub/auth/login and will be able to check “online” the status and progress of their work.
Dr. Salim Lamine
Dr. Prashant K. Srivastava
Dr. Ahmad KayadDepartment LEAFUniversity of PadovaLegnaro, Italy email@example.com
Dr Prem PandeyCenter for Environmental Sciences & EngineeringSchool of Natural SciencesShiv Nadar UniversityIndiaprem26bit@gmail.com University of Nebraska-Lincoln246 L.W. Chase Hall/620 Hardin HallLincoln, NE 68583USAfmunoz@unl.edu