The Hydroinformatics and Integrated Hydroclimate Reserach Group (HIH) welcomes applications from enthusiast and curious students with strong work ethics and professionalism. HIH is commited to support students from minority and underrepresented groups. Below are listed some of the research areas and positions currently open (1. AI applications to (re)design climate-resilient water resources infrastructure) and other research opportunities that I work in advance with potential undergraduate and graduate research assistants, research associates (postdocs), and faculty.
- Predictability of extreme hydrometeorological and climate events
- Phenotype predictability
- Adaptive water (quality and quantity) management
- Predictive analytics for numerical, data-driven, and statistical modeling with applications in climate, agriculture, energy, water, and ecosystem services
- Geospatial analytics with applications in digital water resources and agriculture
- (re)Design of climate-resilient infrastructure
- Oter areas in the intersection of data and the natural and built environment are welcome!
Graduate Research Assistantships
1. Artificial Intelligence Applications to (re)Design Climate-Resilient Water Resources Infrastructure
(applications are welcome now)
(applications are welcome for 2021)
3. Additional Sources of Funding (contact me)
Undergraduate Research Experiences (contact me)
Visiting Scholar Opportunities
The Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program. This program aims to to nurture cooperation between students and scientists from India and the US. The WARI program is supported by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska (DWFI) and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF). For more information consult their website.
El Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia (CONACyT) ofrece las llamadas becas mixtas a estudiantes registrados en programas de posgradoen México e investigadores Mexicanos laborando en México. Para mayor información referente al proceso de solicitud de financiamiento contacte las paginas del CONACyT. Para información referente a las lineas de investigación y experiencias de investigación contactenos.
* Opportunities for US Citizens and Permanent Residents