The Edgerton Innovation Award is presented annually to up to one tenure-track junior faculty member in the College of Engineering who has demonstrated significant scholarly research and creative activities, and who has 1) successfully attracted funding from state, federal, and private agencies; 2) integrated research with graduate and undergraduate education; and 3) suggested novel and innovative ideas and projects. A selection committee appointed by the Dean and composed of College faculty makes the recommendation of the award recipients to the Dean, based on submitted application materials.
- This award is open to tenure-track faculty members at the rank of assistant professor in the College of Engineering.
- An individual must be nominated by the Chair or Director of his/her academic unit.
- Nomination materials are to be submitted electronically through the on-line submission site, with uploaded documents in PDF format. Please have all materials ready to submit at one time; forms may not be saved and added to at a later time.
- A person may not be nominated again if she/he has received this award in the last five years; consequently recipients receiving the award in 2018 or later are ineligible for the 2023 award. A list of past recipients may be found on the college website.
- The recipient of this award receives a $2,500 cash award and $10,000 in unrestricted research funds (to be expended by June 30, 2024).
- DEADLINE for submitting a complete on-line nomination form: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 5 PM. Late nominations will not be accepted.