With advanced connectivity and other technologies, opportunities abound to maintain and build smarter bridges for our nation’s infrastructure.
We invite you to attend the October 2015 BRIDGE-ing Big Data Workshop: join regional and national transportation infrastructure thought leaders, specifically those in the bridge industry (administrators, owners, designers, constructors, researchers) and Big Data visionaries for stimulating discussion and futuristic thinking.
Participants will explore how vast amounts of current information related to bridge health, and information that could be generated, can be used to continue effectively managing and maintaining these important assets. Of particular interest will be concepts that utilize Big Data technologies and techniques to optimize bridge management and maintenance processes in an era of increased demand, aging infrastructure and shrinking resources.
We are anticipating an audience of bridge engineering administrators, owners, designers, constructors and researchers, along with individuals involved in Big Data generation, collection, management, mining and decision-making from the region and around the country. We anticipate approximately 100 participants.
Ultimately, our goal is to create a public-private consortium of representatives from industries, organizations and academia to be on the forefront of developing the next generation of intelligent bridge management systems.
We are pleased to announce the following confirmed speakers and panelists for the workshop. READ THE FULL BIOS.
- Alok Aggarwal, Founder, Scry Analytics
- Paul Barr, Ph.D., Professor and Interim Department Head, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Utah State University
- Nick Bilton, Lead Technology Writer, The New York Times
- Brett Commander, Chief Analysis Engineer, Bridge Diagnostics
- David Connell, Vice President of Engineering, Union Pacific
- Aldo De La Haza,Principal/Manager of NDT Services, Dynasty Group, Inc.
- Chuck Farrar, Director, The Engineering Institute, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- The Honorable Ray LaHood, Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation
- David Levitan, Data Scientist, Microsoft
- Duane Otter, Principal Engineer, Transportation Technology Center, Inc.
- Rory O’Rourke, CEO/Owner, DATUM
- Raj Prasad, chief technology officer, HDR
- Paul Thompson, Consultant, management systems and engineering economics
- Jack Uldrich, Global Futurist and best-selling Author
- Mark van Rijmenam, Founder, Datafloq
- Don Voelte, (retired) Managing Director and CEO, Seven Group Holdings, Ltd.