Mojdeh Pajouh, Ph.D., P.E.
• Geo Institute Computational Geotechnics Committee
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering (Geotechnical Eng.), Texas A&M University, 2015
- M.Sc., Civil and Environmental Engineering (Earthquake Eng.), Tehran Polytechnic, 2009
- B.Sc., Civil and Environmental Engineering, K.N.T. University of Technology, 2006
- Crashworthiness analysis, large-scale testing, and numerical simulation
- Transportation safety, design, analysis, and evaluation of roadside safety hardware
- Geotechnical earthqauke engineering and soil dynamics
- Educational engineering and culturally responsive teaching
- Mechanics of Materials (CVEN 305 - TAMU)
- Soil Mechanic/Laboratory (CEEC 334 - UNLV)
- Earth Structures (CEEC 736 - UNLV)
- Advanced Soil Mechanic (CEEC 734 - UNLV)
Enhancing Critical Transitions in Undergraduate Civil Engineering Education, National Science Foundation, Award #1928409 (Oct. 2019- Oct. 2024, $2,483,977, co-PI)
Determination of Zone of Intrusion Envelopes under MASH Impact Conditions for Rigid Barrier, National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP), (July 2018 - July 2021, $400,000, co-PI)
- Evaluation of Light Pole Foundation Embedment, Alaska Department of Transportation (AKDOT), (April 2020- April 2022, $248,261, co-PI)
Crash Testing of Various Bridge Guardrails and Transitions, Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT), (Oct. 2018-April 2020, $799,563, co-PI)
New York State DOT Transition between Box-Beam & W-Beam Guide Rail under AASHTO MASH 2016 TL-3 Guidelines, New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT), (Oct. 2018-July 2020, $236,626, co-PI)
Testing Non-Proprietary Devices to MASH 2016 Criteria, Iowa Department of Transportation and the Smart Work-Zone Deployment Initiative Iowa State University, (May 2017 - April 2018, $63,811, co-PI)
Heavy Truck and Bus Traversability at Highway-Rail Grade Crossings, University Transportation Center for Railway Safety, (Oct. 2016- June 2018, $118,000, co-PI)
Asadollahi Pajouh, M., Bielenberg, R.W., Schmidt J. and Faller, R.K., (2020), Crash Testing and Evaluation of Culvert-Mounted Midwest Guardrail System. Journal of Transportation Research Board (under publication)
- Bielenberg, R.W., Schmidt, J.D., Faller, R.K., Asadollahi Pajouh, M., Reid, J. D., and Emerson, E. (2019) Development of Retrofit, Low-Deflection Portable Concrete Barrier System, Journal of Transportation Safety and Security, DOI: 10.1080/19439962.2017.1420717.
Asadollahi Pajouh M., Mirdamadi, A., Seok Gyu, L., Briaud J.L. (2019) Pile design for use in high-tension cable median barriers. Proceedings of ASCE 8th International Conference on Case Histories in Geotechnical Engineering, Geo-Congress 2019, pp. 33-41.
Asadollahi Pajouh, M., Schmidt, J.D., Bielenberg, R.W., Faller, R.K., Reid, J. D., and Emerson, E. (2018) Development of a Transition between Free-Standing and Reduced-Deflection Portable Concrete Barriers. Journal of Transportation Research Board, No. 18-05516.
Asadollahi Pajouh M., Mirdamadi, A., Seok Gyu, L., Briaud J.L. (2018), Protection of Civil Infrastructure against Extreme Vehicle Crashes. Proceedimgs of ASCE International Foundation Conference and Equipment Expo IFCEE 2018, Geotechnical Special Publication (GSP), March 2018.
- Asadollahi Pajouh, M., Briaud, J. L., Lim, S. G., and Mirdamadi, A. (2017). Dynamic Response of In-Line Pile Groups Subjected to Vehicle Impact. ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 143(7), 04017024.
Asadollahi Pajouh, M., Ramen, J.D., Stolle, C.S., Reid, J. D., and Faller, R.K. (2017). Rail Height Effects on Safety Performance of Midwest Guardrail System. Journal of Traffic Injury Prevention. Taylor & Francis, DOI: 10.1080/15389588.2017.1353687.
Asadollahi Pajouh, M., Bielenberg, R.W., Schmidt J., Faller, R.K. (2017). Safe Placement of Breakaway Luminaire Poles behind Midwest Guardrail System. International Journal of Crashworthiness. DOI: 10.1080/13588265.2017.1359367.
Asadollahi Pajouh, M., Schmidt J.D., Meyer, C.L., Lechtenberg, K.A., Faller, R.K. (2017). Crash Reconstruction Technique for Cable Barrier Systems. Journal of Transportation Safety and Security. DOI:10.1080/19439962.2017.1386251.