Personal Links:• Nebraska Water Center
- Doctor of Philosophy, Civil Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1994
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 1984
- M.Sc., Agricultural Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, 1982
- B.Sc., Agricultural Engineering, Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, India,1980
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Low-cost water supply technology, with focus on riverbank filtration
- Chemical and pathogen impacts on ground water quality
- Flow and transport processes in the vadose zone
- Agriculture-water/energy nexus
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Elected – Diplomate, American Academy of Water Resources Engineers
- Fulbright Senior Scholarship, Nepal/India/Bangladesh, 2004
- Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowship, 2003
- OECD Faculty fellowship, Czech Republic, Germany, and Australia
Ray, C. and R. Jain. 2014. Low Cost Emergency Water Purification Technologies, 205 p., Elsevier/Butterworth-Heineman, ISBN:978-0-12411465-4.
Ray, C. and R. Jain. 2011. Drinking Water Treatment, 290 p., Springer, ISBN: 978-94-007-1103-7.
Ray, C. and M. Shamrukh, 2010. Riverbank Filtration for Water Security in Desert Countries, 300 p., Springer, ISBN: 978-94-007-0025-3.
Ray, C. 2003. Pesticides in Domestic Wells, Monograph series, American Society of Agricultural Engineers, St. Joseph, MI, ISBN 1-892769-29-8.
Ray, C., G. Melin, and R. Linsky (eds), 2002. Riverbank Filtration: Improving Source Water Quality, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrech, The Netherlands, ISBN 1-4020-1133-4.
Ray, C. 2002. Riverbank Filtration: Understanding Contaminant Biogeochemistry and Pathogen Removal, Kluwer Academic Publishers, ISBN 1-4020-0954-2.
D’Alessio, M., B. Yoneyama, and C. Ray. 2014. Fate of selected pharmaceutically active compounds during riverbank filtration, Science of the Total Environment, 505: 615-622.
Cutler, W., A.El-Kadi, N.V. Hue, J. Peard, K. Scheckel, and C. Ray. 2014. Iron amendments to reduce bioaccessible arsenic, J. Hazardous Materials, 279: 554-561.
D’Alessio, M. J. Lichwa, D. Vasudevan, S.K. Mohanty, and C. Ray. 2014. Fate and transport of selected endocrine disrupting chemicals in the tropical soils of Hawaii, J. Contaminant Hydrology, 166: 1-10
Shuai, X., T.R. Green, C. Ray, and V. Syrmos. 2014. Multisection Transmission Line Scatter Function Theory for Measurements of Soil Dielectric Properties, Soil Science Soc. Am. J. doi:10.2136/sssaj2013.11.0505.
Ki, S. and C. Ray. 2014. Using fuzzy logic analysis for siting decisions of infiltration trenches for highway runoff control, Science of the Total Environment, 493: 44-53.
Rungvetvuthivitaya, M., R. Song, M. Campbell, J. Wang, and C. Ray. 2014. Nitrification inhibition kinetics of distribution system water using low levels of chlorite, 63(6): 497-506.