Scott Campus Peer Coach Application
BECOME A PEER COACH FOR THE
2019 ENGINEERING READINESS ACADEMY (ERA)
Applications are due April 1, 2019
ERA student staff will be responsible for 25-30 first-year engineering students in Omaha and will be expected to live in the Scott Housing complex assigned to ERA during the duration of the program. In addition to their responsibilities as student staff, they will assist first-year students in their transition to university life by sharing their experiences and advice. The college plans to hire 5 student staff. Those selected as peer coaches will need to complete necessary hiring paperwork in advance of ERA ($10 per hour for up to 35 hours).
- Registered as a full-time student in the College of Engineering for Fall 2019
- In good academic standing (prefer 3.0+ cumulative GPA but will also take into account involvement in extra curricular activities)
- Live in assigned ERA Scott Housing during the entire length of the Academy
- Attend ERA Peer Coach training on Thursday, August 8, 3-5:30 p.m.
- Must be available from SATURDAY, AUG. 10 – SUNDAY, AUG. 18, 2019 for program duties (staggered breaks will be available to provide for personal time)
You will be collaborating with your fellow peer coaches, as well as the faculty and staff of ERA, to make the program a success! That means:
- Assisting with participant check-in and welcome
- Serving as a teaching assistant during instruction
- Assisting participants during evening team study sessions
- Helping organize and/or participate in weeknight and weekend activities (including a service project)
- Guiding students to daily scheduled activities
- Other duties as assigned
Finally, Peer Coaches are encouraged to participate in ERA events throughout the school year.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Alma Ramirez-Rodgers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-554-3618