Communications & Marketing Manager
- B.A. in Mass Communications - Buena Vista University, Storm Lake, Iowa
- M.A. in Journalism (Advertising Emphasis) - University of Nebraska-Lincoln
As head of the Engineering Communications office for the College of Engineering, my role is to facilitate and implement brand and image development strategies for the college, its departments and programs.
I have more than 30 years of experience as a journalist, newspaper editor (plus a stint as an Arthur Murray dance instructor) and a public relations and marketing professional. I have taught undergraduate courses as an adjunct instructor for more than 15 years in business writing and business communications. I have centered my career around higher education, because colleges and universities truly are a magical place where we can help change lives through education, research and other innovations.
My responsibilities and expertise include:
- Overall communication and marketing strategies, especially pertaining to reputation and growth of the college
- Brand development
- Business communications and persuasive writing
- Publications/print materials for internal and external audiences
- Web development and content
- Media relations
- Event planning and implementation
- Special projects
Find out more about how my team and I can enhance your efforts in communications, brand development and markerting: Engineering Communications webpage