B.A. in Mass Communications - Buena Vista College
M.A. in Journalism (Advertising Emphasis) - University of Nebraska-Lincoln
As head of the Engineering Communications office for the College of Engineering, my role is to facilitate and implement brand and image development strategies for the college, its departments and programs.
I have more than 30 years of experience as a journalist, newspaper editor and a public relations and marketing professional. I have worked in higher education for most of my career, because colleges and universities are a magical place where we can help change lives through education, research and other innovations.
My responsibilities and expertise include:
- Overall communication and marketing strategies, especially pertaining to reputation and growth of the college
- Brand development
- Publications/print materials for internal and external audiences
- Web development and content
- Business and persuasive writing
- Media relations
- Event planning and implementation
- Special projects
Find out more about how we can help: Engineering Communications webpage