Nebraska Engineering Fall Tailgate: Oct. 9, 2021
It's time for another tailgate! We're inviting alumni, industry members and the college’s faculty and staff to our second annual TAILGATE, prior to the Nebraska vs. Michigan home game.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2021 - Beginning at 3:30 p.m.; kickoff is at 6:30 p.m.
REGISTER IN ADVANCE OR WALK-IN - pay cash at the door
- WHERE: Othmer Hall and the external patio, 16th and Vine Streets, Lincoln, Nebraska (Kiewit Hall is under construction on 17th and Vine Streets, so parking near the building is not available)
- WHAT: BBQ meal, hosted/cash bar (guests will receive two free drink tickets)
- COST: $10 per person (children 6 and under are free) / College of Engineering employees and families = $5 per person. Pay in advance via the UNL Marketplace (credit cards or checks) / Cash will be accepted at the event.
- REGISTRATION: Register below if you plan to pay cash at the door or via the Marketplace with a credit card. The Marketplace will close at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 8; you can still register and pay cash at the door up until 3:30 p.m. WALK-IN's are welcome if you aren't able to register in advance!
- WHAT ELSE? Join us and take home some Nebraska Engineering swag
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited number of spots will be available to view the soon-to-be opened Engineering Research Center that links Nebraska Hall and Scott Engineering Center. Those interested can sign up at the tailgate (first come, first serve) for these guided tours.
- 18 years of age and over
- 8-10 per group
- Times: 4 p.m. / 4:15 p.m. / 4:30 p.m. / 4:45 p.m. / 5 p.m.
- The elevator is not available, so must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Closed-toe shoes and long pant preferred, as this is a construction work site
- Participants must wear a provided hard hat and safety vest
Precautions and Guidelines
Guidelines for hosting events on campus is continually evolving. For events indoors, compliance with the campus face covering policy is currently required for all guests. Please check this site concerning any updates in the guidelines and precautions as the event date approaches. If the event is cancelled due to increased concerns or restrictions, advance payments will be refunded.
The college cannot provide tckets to the football game, but they may be available on Huskers.com. Other online outlets may also have tickets for this game for purchase.
Game Day Parking and Shuttle Service
- Lincoln City Parking Garages (reservations)
- Nebraska Football parking information: Season ticket holders, donors, single game, RVs, persons with disabilities
- City Shuttle Service: The Big Red Express offers rides to and from all Husker home games from six lots in Lincoln: Municipal Service Center, Southeast Community College, Holmes Lake, Gateway Mall, SouthPointe Pavilions, and North Star High School. Shuttle service begins two hours prior to kickoff with the last bus leaving the lots 45 minutes prior to kickoff. Stadium unloading and loading location is on “R” Street, between 12th and 14th Streets. Buses return to the lots immediately after the game. Tickets are $5 each way / $10 round-trip. If paying with cash, passengers will need exact change when boarding the bus. See the website for more details.