- Research Assistant
Assist MwRSF's full-time engineers and professors in researching all aspects of highway design and safety along with safety performance evaluations of various roadside appurtenances, developing new and innovative design concepts and technologies in the area of highway, roadside, and race track safety.
May perform the following tasks:
- Construction of Full-Scale Test Systems
- Testing Support, Documentation, and Technical Writing
- Computer-Aided Drafting (Solidworks, AutoCAD)
- Video Electronic Transfer
- High-Speed Video Analysis
- Archiving of Test Data and Results
- Compiling Test Data and Analysis for Sponsors
- Miscellaneous PC Tasks and Web Page Support
HOURS: Minimum 10 hours during school semester, 40 hours during summers.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be an undergraduate student at UNL. Prefer Civil Engineering, Mechanical & Materials Engineering, Construction Management, or Mechanized Systems Management majors, but others may be considered. Must be PC literate and have experience with Microsoft Office. Prefer experience with computer-aided drafting software. Must be self-motivated, dependable, and capable of working independently as well as on a team. Must be able to work in all types of weather.